Search for content in message boards

William Hunter, in NC in 1770's, dtr. Dianah

William Hunter, in NC in 1770's, dtr. Dianah

Posted: 14 Jan 2001 3:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 May 2006 12:03AM GMT
Surnames: Hunter, Lefever
Searching for info re William Hunter who was in NC in the 1770's, his dtr. was Dianah Hunter, she m. Abraham Lefever.

Dan Spencer
danspencer@email.com

Re: William Hunter

Posted: 21 Jan 2001 11:14AM GMT
Edited: 7 May 2006 12:04AM GMT
Check Ruthford Co. N.C. the Family of hunters had a Peter and a William his son Willam Also Moved to Forsythe Co. Georgia.

RE: William Hunter s/o Elijah & Jane Hunter

Donna K Harris (View posts)
Posted: 25 Feb 2001 9:28AM GMT
Edited: 7 May 2006 12:05AM GMT
Surnames: Hunter
My ancestry turns up a William Hunter who was 14 years of age in 1850. He was the son of Elijah and Jane Hunter. He was born in either Rutherford or Yancy County, N. C. I have alot of info on his family. Feel free to e-mail me. I am looking for more ancestry information also and have only been able to get to 1810 with the birth of Elijah Hunter.

Hunter/Yeager

Posted: 25 Feb 2001 12:14PM GMT
Edited: 7 May 2006 12:05AM GMT
Surnames: Hunter, Yeager
Was the Brother of Peter Hunter (yeager) was of german desent the Name was originally Yeager which in German means Hunter in English , the Peter Hunter (Yeager) Married
Margaret Wood his Brother William Married Polly Wood one of the children of William by the name of William went to Forsyth Co. Georgehe raised a family there and his son William Moved to Kensington Ga. having a family of seven doctors and denest. thanks any way for answering. Chester

Hunter/Yeager

boyd hunter (View posts)
Posted: 27 Feb 2001 9:33PM GMT
Edited: 7 May 2006 12:06AM GMT
What can you tell me about the hunter yaeger name. Is this in the same line as Charles Hunter from Rowan County North Carolina in the mid 1700's. Thanks

Hunter - Jeager

Posted: 28 Feb 2001 5:51AM GMT
Edited: 7 May 2006 12:06AM GMT
Surnames: Hunter, Yeager
The Yeager name was of german deceant brought over by Johan Andrew Jeager-yeager-yager into Penn. his son Peter and maybe William changed their names to Hunter for Peter had married and Irish Aristorcrats
daughter and later so did William when they
left Rutherford Co.N.C. it was because land
in the Missouri's was selling for $4.00 an acre at the time so in 1804 they left N.C,
that is Peter His family and His two Sisters
William Stayed in Rutherford Co. he later Migrated to Forsyth Co. Ga.and that is another Part of the family of Hunter Yeager
They had other brothers but nothing is known
of at this time.

RE: Elijah & Jane Harwell Hunter

Posted: 20 Apr 2006 10:24PM GMT
Edited: 7 May 2006 12:09AM GMT
Surnames: Hunter, Harwell
I am also interested in the family of Elijah Hunter and Jane Harwell. We must be relatives. It's been 5 years since you posted this note. Have you been able to go back earlier than 1810 with Elijah's birth?

Donald Hunter (View posts)
Posted: 21 Apr 2006 1:40AM GMT
Edited: 7 May 2006 12:10AM GMT
Surnames: Hunter, Harwell, Crocker
I still think that this Elijah is the son of William Ephraim Hunter. I have used Genforum.com sites
with Hunter, and Harwell families as well as some other families with descendants from Elijah and Jane Harwell. I think there was a land warrant that Elijah got from some relatives. He married Jane harwell in Rutherford Co.m. 1828 and moved to Yancy Co. There first three children were Elizabeth, Mary, and William(1836). In Ala. in 1836 Elisha Hunter died who was Ephraim Hunter's brother, but be noted there was another Elisha Hunter died in 1836 in Green Co.,Ga.
Elisha in Al heirs were Ephraim,Martha,Eliza Mary,and Janey. Also a Mary and Elizabeth Hunter which might be Elijah,s oldest children. since Elijah was not mentioned as a heir. Also Elijah had two other daughters with Mary and Elizabeth in them.
I wrote to a Hunter in Oregon and he mailed me back and he thinks that Elijah's father was a William Hunter of Rutherford Co.
I have not found any parents for Ephraim Hunter and Sarah Crocker even though I think they came from Va. and there might be Ephraim Hunter ancestry connection.

Posted: 21 Apr 2006 6:43PM GMT
Edited: 7 May 2006 12:11AM GMT
Surnames: Hunter
The children of Elijah and Jane Hunter in Yancey CO were Elizabeth b.1831, Mary Elivera b.1833, William b.1836, John W b.1838, James J b.1840, Mary J b.1842, Hulda b.1844, Drury Virgil b.1846, and Andrew Milton b.1849. My gggrandfather was Drury Virgil.
A question I have is where did you first find information about the three brothers, Ephraim, Elisha, and Elijah living in Anson CO? Is it in family records? I know Elijah and Jane were listed on the 1830 census in Rutherford Co and had only been married a short time. I can't find them again until 1850 in Yancey CO. I have always assumed they were from the Rutherford area and there was a WIlliam Hunter nearby at that time. And maybe why there first son was named William? I have found Elijah listed on public records and once he was listed as Elijah Anderson Hunter. He and Jane were still living in Yancey on the 1880 census. The family rarely moved.
I am still interested in Ephraim Hunter and the Hunters that moved to Arkansas. I live in Arkansas and would love to see that conection. But I visit NC quiet often and was in Yancey Co two weeks ago looking in the Hunter Cemetery.

Dan Spencer (View posts)
Posted: 23 Apr 2006 11:12PM GMT
Edited: 7 May 2006 12:11AM GMT
Darvin-I have no info on the 3 brothers; perhaps you confused me with someone else?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions