Search for content in message boards

Lee sisters Married King brothers? abt1880

Lee sisters Married King brothers? abt1880

barbara meyers (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jul 2005 4:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Aug 2005 3:46PM GMT
Surnames: Lee, McElhaney, King
My grandfather's sisters originally from Tennessee came to Hunt County (Caddo Mills) in the 1880's with other brothers and parents.I am wondering what happened to the 2 sisters and if they both did marry Kings and if those kings were related and were there any children from these marriages.
Parents were John Culpepper Lee b.1823 NCand Louisa Mcelhaney Lee b.1839 Tenn
The sisters were Virginia Clementine (Jennie) Lee b.1859 and
Susan Emmaline(Em)b1860 .Jennie married a "Buck " King (W.M.?)and Em married a Joshie or Joshua King. The brothers of this Lee family were Robert Nicholas, James Columbus(Lum),Thomas Boyd (Tom)b1869,Samuel B., Randle B
John Morgan(Morg), Hollis Granville(H) and Giles Douglas(Doug).
Any help on this family would be appreciated. Barbara

Re: Lee sisters Married King brothers? abt1880

Nina in Austin (View posts)
Posted: 2 Oct 2005 4:21AM GMT
I have a transcript of Hunt County Marriage Records (1881-1889) by Frances Ingmire. It shows that Susan E Lee married J King on 3-15-1885. It doesn't have the other sister's marriage in it.

Sorry that I don't have more information for you.

Nina in Austin (View posts)
Posted: 2 Oct 2005 4:29AM GMT
In a transcript of Hunt County Marriage Records (1846-1880) by Frances Ingmire, I found the other sister: V C Lee married W M King on 12-24-1880.

I still don't know if the Kings were brothers.

Posted: 27 Jan 2013 7:01AM GMT
Surnames: Jackson
Hi Nina! I know this is off topic but could you please do a look up in the hunt county marriage 1881-1889
For..jackson,anderson,fultz/fults..a jackson to a anderson and a jackson to a fultz/fults or anderson to fultz/fults

Thanks Barb!

Jackson/Anderson/Fults

Posted: 27 Jan 2013 10:55PM GMT
There were lots of Jackson, lots of Andersons, one Fults, but none were marrying the others.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions