Search for content in message boards

Cassie M. McFarland George and Morniva

Cassie M. McFarland George and Morniva

Posted: 16 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 May 2002 2:43AM GMT
Surnames: McFarland
Still looking for information about Cassie Mabel McFarland's parents George W. McFarland and Morniva Frye. Cassie was born in Burkes Garden (Tazewell Co.) 2 Sept. 1887. They are in some way related to Jim Perry of Burkes Garden. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Joyce Ann

Re: Cassie M. McFarland George and Morniva

Rob (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jan 2002 1:23PM GMT
George McFarland was the son of Lorenzo Dow McFarland. George was born abt 1861 and married Minerva Gry. Minerva was the daughter of Abraham Gry. You can find info on George & Minerva and two daughters on the 1910 Census for Tazewell, ED 97 roll number 206. You can also find them in 1920 in Tazewell on ED 128 Sheet 11. Abraham Gry was living with them at this time. He was 83 years old and widowed. Lorenzo D. McFarland was the son of James B. McFarlane & Christiania ?. I am a descendent of Jacob McFarland. Jacob was Lorenzo's brother.

james hammock (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2002 9:42PM GMT
I am tring to find any information on a son of James B.McFarlane.His name was Wheelling McFarlane.He was my great grand fathercan you help me out.

Posted: 25 Jan 2002 3:07AM GMT
Edited: 18 May 2002 2:43AM GMT
Sorry I have really had a tough time finding out anything about the McFarland family.
I will keep your reply and will let you know if I find anything.
Joy

rob (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jan 2002 4:42AM GMT
You can find a Wheeling McFarland on the 1880 Census for Clear Fork, Tazewell, VA. ED 87, page 17, in the household of Peter Spracher. I believe his father was David McFarland, son of James B. McFarland, but not sure yet, document is hard to read. Wheeling's mother was Eliza M. ?. If you can send me any dates or info you have on Wheeling, I will try to help you figure it out. Rob.

rob (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jan 2002 3:26AM GMT
James: Sorry, misread the census for 1880. Wheeling McFarland was the son of Preston Ballard McFarland or Ballard Preston McFarland. Ballard was the son of Lorenzo Dow McFarland, and Lorenzo was the son of James B. McFarland. Rob

james hammock (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jan 2002 6:01PM GMT
Rob, thanks for the information.Is this the same Wheeling that married Mary Waddell? I am just getting started on the McFarlane side of the family.My grand father was John Henry McFarlane.He was born in Wytheville

rob (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jan 2002 10:49AM GMT
Found Abraham Fry, age 43, with wife, Judith, age 50, on the 1870 Census in Sharon Twp, Bland, VA. Pg 429, 159 159, 7-8-1870. Children: Laura age 19, Stephen age 16, Dorthula age 12 (in school), Minerva age 11 (in school), Abraham age 8, and Charles age 6.

Re: Wheeling McFarland

Posted: 16 Mar 2005 10:00PM GMT
Edited: 5 May 2005 9:12PM GMT
Wheeling was actually the son of Barbara Adeline McFarland and Alexander Neel. He lived with Ballard Preston McFarland who was living with the Sprachers at one time. Wheeling did marry Mary Dacia Waddle. This is documented in a book: "Early Settlers of Old Mount Airy, Wythe County, VA" by Joe and Connie Camereon. Barbara and Alexander had at least 3 children; Molly b abt 1867, Alan Napoleon b 1869 and Wheeling Shelby b 1873. It appears Barbara and Alexander did not live together very long, as we find her living with her father in 1870. After that, the children were farmed out and Wheeling lived with Ballard McFarland, Alan was adopted by Jacob McFarland and we don't know what happened to Molly.

Re: Wheeling McFarland

Posted: 19 Sep 2006 4:48PM GMT
I am interested in what you have available on the Neels and the McFarlands. Is this Alexander Neel the son of Alexander Neel and the brother of Larkin and Catherine, Cinthia and others?

Am very interested in Cinthia Neel, born around 1813 and her father was Alexander Neel and Caroline Kidd.

thanks
Theresa at tasmith9@swbell.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic