Search for content in message boards

William Griffin Mary Griffin-So. States-Early 1800s

William Griffin Mary Griffin-So. States-Early 1800s

Posted: 16 Jan 2001 4:20PM GMT
Edited: 15 Aug 2001 7:52PM GMT
Hi seeking info on my gggg-grandmother, possibly born (nee) Mary Stewart b abt 1779, Chesterfield Co., SC d ? Washington Co. AL? Possibly married: Hiram Stewart, William Griffin, Samuel Clark(e). She had sons (Jrs) by each of these men. I have more data on these sons if any of this rings a bell to anyone. She was aka Granny Clark(e). A tidbit to ponder, she and Isaac Ellison were on trial for reasons unknown and not documented. However, both were found "not guilty". As I "think", she lived in SC, GA, MS, and AL during her lifetime. Any info -- email lyndarm@mail.com -- this is my brick wall!! Thanks so much!!

Griffin, william Mary

Richard Easton (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jan 2001 2:40PM GMT
would a William N. Griffin, b-7-23-1801 and a Mary Ann Hyzer fit into any of the info you have? If So I have a little more info for you.
Posted: 18 Jan 2001 5:10PM GMT
Hi Richard, can't find a Mary Ann Hyzer in my records. Starts with Samuel Griffin b 1719 (no other info). His son William Griffin b 1780 d Greene C0., MS m Mary Stewart (my gggg-grandmother). One son William Griffin Jr b 1800 Bibb Co., GA d 1894 Moss Point MS m Mary Carter b 1804 Barnwell District, SC d 1889 Moss Point MS. Mary Carter was from Perry Co., MS. All the before mentioned (except for Mary Stewart) were buried at the Griffin Cementary. The closest I can get to a Mary Ann Hyzer is the name of Mary Ann Byrd b 1840 d 1903 Perry Co, MS, she was the 2nd wife of William Calvin Griffin b 1824 d 1917(son of William Griffin Jr). By the way, the Griffin Family Cementary is located in Moss Point MS, I do have other names of Wm, Jr. and Mary Carter children(10 of them in all -- WOW!). Don;t know is there is any link, but I do thank you some much for your reply. Let me know and keep digging! Sincerely, Lynda email lyndarm@mail.com

PS William Griffin Jr

Posted: 18 Jan 2001 5:18PM GMT
Hi Richard, me again, the dates for William Griffin Jr are close to yours, however wife's last names of Cater and Hyzer do not jive, but one never knows??? Thanks again, L

Griffins

Richard E. Easton (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jan 2001 6:06PM GMT
Thanks so much for writeing Linda :)

My record show a man (william) born 1801, and Mary Ann Hyzer b-1842
I have the father of William N. griffin listed as Richard Griffin, no other info there.

I also have the parents of Mary Ann Hyzer listed as:
Isaac Hyzer b-1797 and Hannah ? born 1811

I wish we could connect them all and trace missing links, but guess that is not the case.

Thanks again for writeing, and good luck in your searches :)
Posted: 18 Jan 2001 6:34PM GMT
Hi Richard, I'm still not coming up with links to your names -- keep on. It is wonderful when it does happen. I have found 3 2nd cousins (which I never-ever knew) due to my search. we are great friends as well as relatives now. However, took me over a year. It's a forever ending story -- never stops!! Frustrating and fun at the same time (as I'm sure you already know). If I perchance come across any of your names, I will contact you -- never know -- put the feelers out. Again good luck, Lynda
Posted: 25 Mar 2001 10:18AM GMT
Edited: 9 Nov 2001 2:13AM GMT
Hi,
I'm seeking info on a Wm Griffin who m. a Delila Holder. He was reportedly Dutch. They had a daughter named Elizabeth was born on 5 Jul 1823. I have no other info. Anything you have to help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Deborah

Re: Griffin, william Mary

Mary Ann Reed (View posts)
Posted: 28 Sep 2001 3:57PM GMT
Classification: Marriage
Edited: 30 Sep 2001 10:21PM GMT
Surnames: GRIFFIN
Hi, Have some info concerning the people you looking for. Please e-mail me. I'm a descent of them Thanks

Lynda (View posts)
Posted: 28 Sep 2001 5:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Griffin
Hi Mary Ann, Would love to hear info re: Mary and William Griffin SO. States. Hopefully there will be a connection. email me at lyndarose6@hotmail.com -- Sincerely and many thanks, Lynda

Mary Ann Reed (View posts)
Posted: 28 Sep 2001 7:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi, Glad to hear from you. what I have is names and dates for William and Mary Ann Hyzer Griffin. My maiden name was Griffin. Very intereseted in family history. There is more, I have names back to a Richard Griffin born in England. Wife, Mary Davies not known where she was born. This is 5 generations back. William d.o.b. Jul.23 1801 England ,Married Lucy D. Hancock, in Jul. 8, 1861 in Ovid, Branch Co. Mi. Mary Ann Hyzer Born 1842, Coldwater, Branch Co. Mi. Gets kind of confusing. But will be glad to send you copies of what i have. Mary Ann
per page

Find a board about a specific topic