Search for content in message boards

Akexander BONNY born circa 1745

Akexander BONNY born circa 1745

Posted: 11 Jun 2011 10:08AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: ONNY
Hi

I am looking for a baptism record of the above man. His daughter Martha (born 1790 in Sutton Valence, Kent) is my 4xG Grandmother.

Alexander married Susannah Boorman in 1767 in Ulcombe, Kent but the first baptism of one of their children I can find is 1785. Considering this and the fact that Alexander married in Ulcombe I wondered if they had other earlier children baptised there. Does anyone have connections with these Bonnys or have access to Ulcombe parish records to aid my search?

Many thanks
Nathan

Re: Akexander BONNY born circa 1745

Posted: 3 Sep 2013 4:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Nathan, I wonder if I am two years too late. I can help you with the dates for Alexander Bonny as he is my upteenth great grandfather and I have loads of info and an extensive tree on this family.

Posted: 3 Sep 2013 5:00PM GMT
Surnames: Bonny
Hi

Thanks for getting in touch. Never too late where genealogy is concerned! I'm intrigued as to how we are related - Alexander (not Akexander as I originally wrote) would have been my 5xG grandfather. Any information you have would be much appreciated. I have a website, on which I may have made some guesses as to Bonny ancestors, if you'd like to take a look: http://nathansgenealogy.wikkii.com/

Hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards
Nathan

Re: Alexander BONNY born circa 1745

Posted: 3 Sep 2013 6:34PM GMT
Hello Nathan, your Alexander Bonny was the half brother of my 5x great grandfather Robert Bonny, so we are related from their father Alexander Bonny born 1699.

Your Alexander was baptised 21.2.1743 at Ulcombe in Kent and as you say he married Susannah Boorman in 1767.

I have traced the line going back to Christopher Bonny who died in May 1598 at Boughton Malherbe, Kent (Lenham), source his Will. Our line then descends through:

Thomas bap.9.2.1589 Lenham
Alexander bap 10.5.1632 East Sutton, (a Clothier) Will and Inventory available.
Matthew bap. 25.12.1671 East Sutton
Alexander bap. 17.12.1699, Will and off the top of my head, i think there is an inventory (will have to check in my file.

I did all this research back in the late 90s, but have had the file out lately as I have often wondered where the family originate from. I suspect they may have been Walloons who came here in the 16th century. Bone (which is a variation of course of the name) is a French name. Having said that, I have just found a reference for a Bonny will in Lenham from 1469, so that is probably my theory out of the window.

I could let you have copies of my research if you wish. The Wills and Inventories provide a fascinating insight to the family.

Regards Sylvia

Posted: 3 Sep 2013 6:36PM GMT
ps to my previous post. I think your Alexander was a publican in Ulcombe.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic