Search for content in message boards

6 SUTTON BUILDINGS, CORK CITY, COUNTRY CORK

6 SUTTON BUILDINGS, CORK CITY, COUNTRY CORK

Posted: 17 Sep 2008 5:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Does anyone out there know of this address please, it may already have been demolished. My father's parents lived there name of Bryant. I am trying to trace any information about this family. My father was George Ernest Bryant who I assume was born in Ireland. His date of birth is unknown but I believe he was born in or around 1911. He later came to England and set up a relationship with my mother, who does not know much about George as he wasn't around for long. I am George's daughter who was adopted when I was a baby. I do believe that George would have passed on by now but would dearly love to know something about him and his family.

Regards

Kathryn Bryant

Re: 6 SUTTON BUILDINGS, CORK CITY, COUNTRY CORK

Posted: 18 Jul 2011 8:56AM GMT
Surnames: bryant
yes 6 sutton's buildings certainly exists. A friend lives in number 36. It is included in the 1911 census available online.

Posted: 18 Jul 2011 10:50AM GMT
Hello, thank you for your message. Would it be at all possible please, on my behalf, to enquire via your friend whether anyone remembers the Bryant family. I am at work at the moment but when I get home I will check on anything I have already, as the family also lived in another set of buildings either behind, in front of or nearby but I cannot remember the name of the buildings or the number without checking my file.

Thank you once again and if you don't mind I will contact you this evening.

Kind regards

Kathryn

Posted: 18 Jul 2011 5:11PM GMT
Hello, I'm home now and the other address was 50 Roches Buildings, I think the Bryant family lived here before moving to 6 Suttons Buildings.

Kind regards

Kathryn

Posted: 9 Feb 2012 11:18PM GMT
Hi Katyrn

Just browsing and came across your post, not sure if you've found this yourself but this looks like it's your fathers birth record https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/FBTR-6XS

Posted: 5 Dec 2012 9:00PM GMT
The house is still there.as my Father was born at 7 Sutton Buildings.in 1907.I have visited the house.they stand in Rathmore Road.near the Brewery.if you look at a map of Cork.the Mallow Road goes North from the river Lee.the Brewery and St Annes Shandon Churh on the left.Sutton Buildings are on the right on top of the hill,along with Roches Buildings.both named after Cork Mayors.hope this helps

Posted: 6 Dec 2012 5:05PM GMT
I had a look at the Irish 1911 Census.it shows the Bryant Family at #6.George(24).Wife(26),and two Children.shown.there are some other ways to check the family free of charge.if you have the patience.

Posted: 6 Dec 2012 7:30PM GMT
Hello, thank you for replying to my post it is much appreciated. I see your father was born at number 7. Do you know anyone in that area who might have known the Bryant family? This is really interesting. My grandfather was George Richard Bryant and my grandmother Helena Ellen Bryant nee Browne. My father was George Ernest Bryant born in 1913. My grandfather was actually born in Kent, England but moved to Ireland.

Any help would be much appreciated and once again thank you so much for taking the time to reply.

Kind regards

Kathryn Bryant

Posted: 7 Dec 2012 9:54PM GMT
Hi,have you tried the Geneology Office.Dublin.where they have the Registers.for a fee you can study them yourself.also Dublin Library.free.the is also a small records office near Maddens Buildings.The Cathedral,also the Red Abbey have some records.I have spent a lot of time in each,especially Dublin Geo Office and Library,tracing my family.when I have been there on business.Roches Buildings has a Day Centre for Residents.try there.what I did originally was to write to the Resident,# Sutton Buildings.explaining what I was researching.the lady there replied,and helped with some imformation of where to research.I live in Kent,on the Surrey border.side.

Posted: 8 Dec 2012 2:01PM GMT
Hello, thank you once again for replying to me. Am sorry but I assumed (and I know one shouldn't) that you were in Ireland. I too live in England, Bexhill on Sea, East Sussex so sadly am unable to research physically in Ireland. Thank you for the information as to where to find information from though. It may well be I try writing to the now resident of 6 Sutton Buildings to see if they can shed any light on the family although it was a long time ago. My grandparents had their last child in 1923 but am not sure that the last child was born in Sutton Buildings.

My research continues but once again thank you for your input.

Kind regards

Kathryn
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions