Search for content in message boards

Marriages in Kilmaley Parish 1829-1900

Marriages in Kilmaley Parish 1829-1900

Posted: 21 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Sep 2006 1:24AM GMT
Free Look Ups:
Kilmaley Parish Magazine 1997 contained a list of Marriages from 1829-1900 which took place in the Parish.
If you require a name check please ensure you Roots are in the Parish.
It is important to note that the list is not any means a complete list of the marriages which took place in the parish during this period. In the last centuary records were not kept diligently as they are today. Many marriages therefore were not registered at all. Many of the parish ancestors would have got married in other parishes.

Many Scanlon Family Marriages There

Posted: 28 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jul 2001 4:49PM GMT
Surnames: Scanlan, Scanlon
Right now I do not have the brides' names but some of my Scanlans married women from that area.

Scanlan marriages

Posted: 29 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jul 2001 4:49PM GMT
Surnames: Scanlan, Scanlon
The first of my Scanlan is with Taige or Tadgh Scanlan. I do not have the information from one relative, but he was one of the first evictions and came into "my" area from north of this area. Another said from the southern area. I suspect that the first is more correct. So I have him corrected with Kilmaley and his wife Nancy McMehon also from Kilmaley. One of their at least three children was Bartholomew Scanlan. Their other children that are mentioned are Bridget and Michael.

Bartholomew in Cappanagera married Bridget Homin of Kilmihill. They had at least three children: Martin and one girl who went to the States and married a Mr. Cass. There was at least a third child.

Martin married Anne(Nancy) Cotter of Kilmihill and they had at least five children: Patrick, John, Tommy, Bridget, Mary. Mary went to the States and married a Mr. Betagh. They had Raymond and a girl.

Bridget went to the States and never married. She sponsored several Scanlons.

Tommy is suppose to have died young about 10?

John came and went to Ireland and the States.

Patrick married Margaret Sheedy of Lisnafaha and had nine children. Five of the nine went to the States.

I guess that I was mistaken that more were married in Kilmaley. Tadgh is Irish for Tim.

Kilmaley Records.

Posted: 29 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jul 2001 9:14AM GMT
Surnames: Scanlon
Sorry I have to call you A.l,
I have a Michael Scanlon who married Ellen Gardiner 13/2/1839. The only male marriage in Kilmaley. Your in look I have no female Scanlon married in Kilmaley. Check Griggiths Valuation in Clare Libriary Site for Scanlon's in County Clare.
If I can be of further help come back to me.
Regards,
Larry.

Married about 1860

Edward GT. Clancy (View posts)
Posted: 31 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2006 10:30PM GMT
Surnames: Kelly, Leonard, Lannon
John`s father was John Kelly and his mother was Mary Rice.
Delica`s Father was John Leonard and her mother was Bridget Lannon. All I know is they were from County Clare. had three children and departed Ireland for USA in 1865 or 66.

Kelly/Leonard

Edward G. Clancy (View posts)
Posted: 1 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT

Kilmaley Records

Posted: 1 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Sep 2006 1:25AM GMT
I have no details in Kilmaley on your names.
Why not start with Griffiths Valuation at Clare Library
Site.
Regards,
Larry

Re: Marriages in Kilmaley Parish 1829-1900

Geraldine Desmond (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2003 3:28AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Edited: 24 Jul 2006 12:14AM GMT
Surnames: Vaughan, Connellan
Requesting info on my grandfather, Martin Vaughan, born Letteragh, Co. Clare, Kilmaley Parish in Approx 1869. He married Ellen Connelan (Daughter of Elizabeth Galvin & Patrick Connellan) in 1913, and died in 1939. Is info on his parents listed in Parish Magazine?
Patrick Connellan ( see above) is my great grandfather, born about 1833 in Lisroe . He died in 1906. Any info on his parents? Thank you!

Jo Banks (View posts)
Posted: 7 Aug 2006 5:28PM GMT
Edited: 8 Aug 2006 1:05AM GMT
Surnames: FITZPATRICK, McNAMARA
Hi Larry, I am trying to find my kin by a process of elimination. I have a Patrick FITZPATRICK m. Mary McNAMARA who had a daughter b. Oct. 28, 1829. I find a Patrick FITZPATRICK listed at Drumanure Kilmaley (Griffith's Val). I have no idea if Eliza was the oldest and it would have to have been an early 1829 m. to be mine. If this is too far out to find just disregard the request & I will understand. Jo Banks

Posted: 2 Jun 2009 1:15AM GMT
The first two children of Martin and Ellen Vaughan of Renegisha, Kilmaley were:

Ellen - born November 23, 1913
Bridget - born January 30, 1915
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions