Search for content in message boards

Kaplan family in Memphis, TN

Kaplan family in Memphis, TN

Posted: 29 Mar 2008 5:56AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kaplan, Cohen
Anyone researching Kaplan family members that settled in Memphis, TN in the late 1880's? Solomon Kaplan and wife Gussie Cohen (?) with children, Anna, Louie, Samuel, and Carrie moved from London or Liverpool, England in 1887. All the children were born in England, but youngest, Mary, born in Tenn. Solomon stated on Fed. Census he was born in Poland/Russia; Gussie in Germany. Would love further information about the family. I have a photo of a Sol (Maybe Sam?)Kaplan, brother of my grandmother Anna.Sam married a woman named Carrie and they named their children after the grandparents, Solomon and Gussie. Found application for passport with wife and children's pictures attached and info. as to Solomon Kaplan's naturalization in a criminal court of Shelby County in Memphis, 1903.

Re: Kaplan family in Memphis, TN

Posted: 24 Apr 2012 8:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Sol Kaplan was my father. He was married to Marianne Uditsky Kaplan OBM. I know the Kaplan side came from Prussia. The family was very secretive about any information. I never could figure out why. I only found out about Louis Kaplan when I found a deed from the sale of property and his name was on it. Mary was born in the US. I am actually named for Sam Kaplan. Please contact me as we are trying to put together our family background and apparently you and I are related. I also have a sister, Judy McCown, and a brother, Gary Kaplan. We are all in Memphis and Eads Tn. My email is sorayaka@bellsouth.net.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions