Search for content in message boards

Melvin Wilson Ogg, b. 11/1/1887

Melvin Wilson Ogg, b. 11/1/1887

Carissa Price (View posts)
Posted: 27 Dec 2000 9:25PM GMT
I am seeking information on my Grandfather's family. I believe he had two sisters and may have been born in Ohio prior to moving to MI.
Any info greatly appreciated!Thanks!

melvin w. ogg

w. bolton (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jan 2001 12:49PM GMT
Melvin Wilson Ogg. born in montcalm county, Michigan, November 01, 1887 and died 1957 in Morley Michigan, was my wifes grandfather. he was the son of John Ogg born 1835 in Ohio, died 1890 and Mary Phillips born 1844.
John and Marys childern were Melvin Ogg, Sarah F Ogg,b.1863 George D. b.1865, Mary A. b.1867 and John M. b.1868 and Wlliam F. b. 1875, Cornelius b. 1875, Martha D. b. 1877, and Rachel K. b.1880. John Ogg was the son of Richard Ogg and sally swett and Richard was the son of Vachel Ogg and Rebecca Friend.

Melvin Ogg

Carissa (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jan 2001 3:38PM GMT
Mr. Bolton, how interesting! Melvin OGg is my
maternal grandfather. Thank you VERY MUCH for
this information. My mom (Melvin's daughter)
has contact w/ her own family but not Melvin's
family.

Melvin Ogg

w.bolton (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 2001 5:28AM GMT

Carrissa.
my wife is related to Melvin Ogg, by his first marriage. she would like you to contact
us by e-mail. waren@genealogysearch.org

Re: Melvin Wilson Ogg, b. 11/1/1887

Posted: 21 Mar 2002 9:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi w.bolton and carrissa, I'm Phyllis Ogg married in to the Ogg family.I'm trying to do family research for my son Melvin (Mike ) Ogg. I have some but I don't have much to go on cause dad was gone by the time I married. But Mike is very interested in the family history. His father William is also gone. And my father was friends with the Ogg's when we all live in Morley,but by the time I moved up there, Dad Ogg had passed in 1958 and I moved up there in late 1958.But I find nothing on the first marriage except for Merrill's s.s. info. I knew him and his wife but I left the family and all contact in 1970. So it would be nice if you two could help. I did find the name Price, but not any concettion of names but nothing for the name bolton. but it is a big family with all the kids and their kids. Hope to hear from you. My E-mail is phyllis@rose.net if you would like to E-mail. thanks both of you. phyllis

Re: melvin w. ogg

cg (View posts)
Posted: 12 Sep 2004 9:57PM GMT
I have info on Melvin's family! His father, John, is the brother of my ancestor, Andrew Ogg. I lived in Michigan and saw places where events took place in person, and have some interesting info that I would love to share with you. I have an old photo of Mary and John Ogg's family. Melvin could be one of the children in it. Contact me at tucsonsauce@yahoo.com.

Re: Melvin Ogg

cheryl (View posts)
Posted: 12 Sep 2004 10:05PM GMT
Hi! I saw the message from W. Bolton to you on Melvin Ogg. I e-mailed him but never got an answer. I guess I am a few years late! Your Melvin Ogg's father, John Ogg, is a brother of my ancestors, Andrew Ogg. I have info on John Ogg's family, and even an old photo! I would love to share it with you and see if you know something I don't know about the Oggs. I hope you get this messsage. Yes, John and Andrew's parents were Richard Ogg and Sarah Sweet. Cheryl

Re: melvin w. ogg

Posted: 25 Mar 2005 5:29PM GMT
Edited: 23 Aug 2005 3:49PM GMT
Surnames: OGG, Williams, Phillips
I too am interested in this OGG family who were in Montcalm , Michigan. Mary Addie Ogg b 1867 in Indiana, married Wilson Williams in 1882. She is the daughter of John Ogg and Mary Adelila Phillips.
I would like to hear from anyone who has information about these Ogg families and descendants.

Elaine
per page

Find a board about a specific topic