Search for content in message boards

Amy Wilkinson married John Schnebele 1800

Amy Wilkinson married John Schnebele 1800

sandy (View posts)
Posted: 17 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Oct 2012 11:47AM GMT
Surnames: starkey, wilkinson, schnebele, snively
I am searching for info re. mary who was a full blooded cherokee in southern Mo. Her daughter was Winifred Starkey b. abt 1844. Her granddaughter was Ada McAllister b. 1872 d. 1910 m. Zachariah Morgan Young in Bolivar Mo. I beleive Mary and Winifred are both buried in or around Humansville Mo.
Also searching for info re. Amy Wilkinson, Shawnee princess from reservation at Carlisle, Pa. Married John Schnebele in 1800. The spelling of Schnebele has been changed over the years to Snively. I beleive they had 3 sons. My gggrandfather was Hugh Snively b 1805 d1881 and ggrandfather was Robert Moroni b 1850 d 1938.
Any info would be appreciated. Thank you
Sandy

Re: Amy Wilkinson

Posted: 25 Oct 2012 6:25AM GMT
Edited: 25 Oct 2012 11:49AM GMT
Surnames: Schnebele, Snively, Wilkinson
My mother was Judy Snively from Greensburg Pa. Her great great grandfather was John Snively, husband of the indian princess Amy Wilkinson. So it seems I am related to some of you here. The origional immigrant here from Switzerland was Johann Jacob Schnebele. I'm interested in any info. My email is tracylengyel@hotmail.com

Posted: 25 Oct 2012 6:33AM GMT
Edited: 25 Oct 2012 11:50AM GMT
Hello. I am a decendant of Johann Jacob Schnebele. So my bloodline goes from him to Jacob, John, Jacob, John who was born in 1773 who married the Shawnee indian Amy Wilkinson (I am very interested to know of any other relatives from John and Amy's son John who I am from) Then Van Buren in Greensburg was my mother's great grandfather, he had Edwin who had Edwin (my mom's father) He had Judith Snively who is my mother. I am so excited to find out who the indian princess was that I heard what I thought were rumors of when I was a child. I'd love to know more about the Shawnee tribe and anything.

Posted: 6 Feb 2013 1:31AM GMT
I'm related to Amy Wilkinson through her son Abraham Snively. I'm hoping to learn more about her as well. :)

Posted: 3 May 2013 6:53AM GMT
Hello! Good to get a response! So, Abraham and John (my 4th great grandfather) were brothers. I read that John inherited the farm Amy had in Mount Pleasant Pennsylvania,and then John's son, Van Buren, moved to Greensburg Pa, where Van Buren met and married my 3rd great grandmother. I know they were Lutherans. I am assuming since Amy's husband came from a mennonite heritage, and the mennonites respected the natives, they somehow in that generation changed to Lutherans. My grandfather was a Lutheran still. I have a lot of info. I read that Hugh and Abraham went to Ohio, and have been searching for decendants. So I can tell you of Johns line, please tell me of Abraham's! Amy married John Schnebele whos last name changed to Snively, and that was my mothers maiden name. I tried to find records of Amy and am interested to see if she remarried after her husband died after a few years of marriage (John) and how a young native american women with 3 young boys aquired land in Pa when she fled there after he died. My dad remembers going to the farm they owned!!! Amy would have been dead by then of course but the farm was still owned by the family in the 1950s and would have been where she died in Pa. So Amy was married in 1800 then shortly after went to Pa after her husband died, and then got a farm somehow. John passed it to Van Buren then Van Buren to Ed and then someone else in family inherited it because Van Buren went to Greensburg Pa. My dad said some "uncles" owned it. I'm kinda confused. Most of my family are still in the area! How'd you get to Washington? Tell me everything!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions