Search for content in message boards

Potts/Howard/Galphin/Bains/McCreight

Potts/Howard/Galphin/Bains/McCreight

Posted: 21 Mar 2007 7:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Potts/Howard/Galphin/Bains/McCreight
I am trying to find what happened to Abmintha A. Potts married to Thomas Galphin 5/01/1859 in Bienville parish. Abmintha's parents were William Potts (II) from SC and Rebecca Ann Howard. They were on a census with all children in Attala MS in 1850. One daughter:Leonora Potts marries William R. McCreight and is in a 1870 census in Morehouse Parish. Eventually Rebecca Ann Howard Potts wife of WilliamII and grandaughter Milledge Daisy Galphin are
in a 1870 census with Leonora and son-in-law William McCreight in Morehouse County. Milledge Daisy Galphin eventually marries John Cicero Bains from Ashley County Arkansas.
Thomas Milledge Galphin lives with Mathias Ardis and wife Louisa in a 1850 Census in Bienville Parish. They are all listed as from SC
I believe Mathias Ardis is the uncle of Thomas M. Galphin as a Eliza Ardis is married to his uncle John Milledge Galphin.
If anyone has any info on these familys I cannot trace them from 1880 and cannot find them before 1840 Thanks,

Re: Potts/Howard/Galphin/Bains/McCreight

Posted: 22 Mar 2007 11:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have your William Potts traced back at least 4 or 5 generations. I have Rebecca Ann Howard's father listed as Jesse but no additional info on him. I have some of her siblings? as they also married Potts - Rose Eliz Howard m. Stephen Miller, John J J Howard m. Martha Ann Potts, Lenora Howard m. Edgar Nelson Potts (my line) Lenora is said to be the daughter of Salomy T. Howard. I have the children of William and Rebeccas as follows:

William Howard Potts died young
Abernatha Potts - your Abmintha which I've also seen as Abarintha m. Thomas Milledge Galphin/Golphin and 2nd Lawerence Gahagan
Thomas Hughes Potts m. Margaret Malinda Colbert - I have a whole book on the Colberts and she later married a William Potts
Florence Amanda Potts m. Dr. Frederick Gray
John Potts died in Civil War
Lenora/Nora Nelson Potts m. Dr. Wm. R. McCreight/McCormick

I have no info on Thomas Milledge Galphin and no children for him and Abernatha. I'd love any info on this Galphin line you can give me.

For Abernatha and Lawrence Gahagan I do have info:

He was educated at Faimes academy GA. Was mayor of Vienna - I'm assuming LA. Married second Cornelia Goodwin and had 7 more children. The children I have listed for Abernatha and Lawrence are:

Millage Gahagan
Lawerene C Gahagan
Florence Gahagan
Willian H Gahagan
Thomas Gahagan

Thomas Hughes Potts and Margaret Malinda Colbert's kids:

Florence Potts died young
Anne James Pots m. Isaac Hudson

Florance Manada Potts and Dr. Frederick Gray:

William Jefferson Gray m. Ann Lott
Rebecca Gray
Annie Gray
Florence Gray m. Robert Mowen
Ellen Gray m. James Cason

That is about it. I'd love your info on the Galphins and can e-mail you the whole write ups I have that I outlined above if you want and can snail mail you a big tree chart of all the potts.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic