Search for content in message boards

Timothy Putnam King in County's 1860 census

Timothy Putnam King in County's 1860 census

Posted: 14 Feb 2005 4:38AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Nov 2006 4:04AM GMT
Researching Timothy Putnam King b. 1820 in NY, migrated to Ohio and married Chariety Kennedy and was in WI by 1857. Attempting to connect him to General Israel Putnam of the Revolutionary WAR. Would appreciate any information on this person.

Re: Timothy Putnam King in County's 1860 census

Posted: 27 Mar 2005 1:45AM GMT
Edited: 27 Mar 2005 1:51AM GMT
Hello, I am the Great Grandson of T.P. King of Forest Wi.
Never heard of General Israel Putnam but then again only
found out about my Great Grandfather last week from a cousin who is into this kind of thing. I can tell you what I was told. T.P. King was born in New York in 1821, married a woman named charity from Ohio and later moved to Forest Wi. He was one of the founders of Forest Wi. and owned 160
acres there.. The info I have says he moved there in 1845
(History of the township of Forest) thats about all I know.
I can give you all kinds of info from that point on but can't
find anything prior to him (T.P. King) I would greatly appreciate
any pieces of the puzzle you could add and what you think the link is between T.P. King and the Rev. War General..

Thanks
Rick King
PS: I am a Chicago police officer in the K-9 Unit
perhaps we are related in some way. The best way to
reach me other than E-Mail is my cell phone (773) 988-8500.
Thanks again

Posted: 27 Mar 2005 12:43PM GMT
Richard, we are not kin. I am helping a lady with her DAR application...she is your distant cousin. She thought she was of the direct lineage of Isareal Putnam, but we know that is not so. I think hers, your line, is though a first cousin once removed...same general family but not directly back to the famous Issie Putnam of the Battle of Bunker Hill. I have forward your email to her and hopefully she will reply to you with the information we have collected since my posting. We haven't got the documentation of where the Mr. King married the Miss Putnam yet...but working on it.

post script: My first cousin is the captain on the Fernandina Beach (FL) Police Department and he hates it when I get too friendly with folks online.

Posted: 27 Mar 2005 1:34PM GMT
post script:

Anna Putnam b. 1774-1793, d. 24 August 1833, daughter of Micah Putnam and Anna Carriel of Sutton, MA. Anna married a Mr. King, a carpenter of Herkimer, NY. Their children were: Anna, Amanda, Zera, and a son. This son is believed to be T.P. King, your ancestor. We are still working on proof.

Another researcher is Paul Robertson wcrinspaul@golden.net
That is all went have.

Posted: 27 Mar 2005 5:30PM GMT
Edited: 27 Aug 2006 7:57PM GMT
Rick, thanks for your reply. We know about TPK-have an obit and some other data researchd by kind lady in fond du lac. Charity Kennedy was his wife and her parents were from Ireland. turns out that Israel Putnam is not the right Putnam in your line-but Micah b 1754 and his father Nathan were both Patriots. Nathan m Betty Buffington and they had a brood of kids.=as did Micah. The connection to your line is thru Anna, their oldest dau who married a King. We suspect it was Willard, father of TPK -there is the problem as we have not yet found documentation of this marriage. I am researching this for a friend who wants to join DAR and has never done genealogical research. She was b in WI in 1933. which King is your ancestor?
Micah Putnam m Anna Carriel -Anna was their dau- will send you copies of data I have on TPK if you like. Have y9u looked on familysearch.com? Nathan's line is there and you canprint it out- -Putnams were in MA in the 1600s.

Jane

Rick King (View posts)
Posted: 27 Mar 2005 7:07PM GMT
Thanks Linda

This is a new field for me. I have never looked into my family history before. most people in this country pay very little attention to their family history, unlke in europe. A shame.

Rick King (View posts)
Posted: 27 Mar 2005 7:40PM GMT
Jane
Thanks for the info.I too am a novice at this. I didn't have a
clue about my family history until a cousin of mine tracked her family and gave me some information about mine.
It appears that Timothy and Charity King were my Great, Great
Grandmother and Grandfather, one of their sons, Homer was
my great Grandfather who married a Clara Flint who was born in NY. One of their children was Forest who married Lena
Ahlich, they were my Grandparents. one of their children was
Forrst Richard and he was my Father. I have traced Timothy
back to being born in 1821 in New York, he married Charity Kennedy who was from Ohio, He then found up being one of the original settlers in a town called Forest in Wi. in 1845.
The Family eventually migrated to Upper Michigan to a town
called Norway there and eventually to Chicago after my Grandfather Forests death in the 1920's
If you have any information about my Family i would appreciate you sending it.

Thanks
Rick King
subwayk9@aol.com
(773) 988-8500.

Posted: 27 Mar 2005 8:33PM GMT
Genealogy is the number one hobby of the baby boomer generation....and younger folks are enjoying it too. Also, people are very proud of the early ancestors...more so lately. I have explored all the lines of my family tree. I am very proud to say I have about 10 who fought in the American Revoluton. Some have more documentation than others.

Posted: 27 Mar 2005 8:38PM GMT
I know you addressed this one to Jane, but I did a 5-second search on the Flint line and they were in Canada the next generation back. The line could not be used for Kate's DAR patriot so I went back to the Putnam line. Thought you find that one interesting.

Posted: 16 Jun 2009 12:56AM GMT
Hi,
I am the great great great grand daughter of Timothy King. One of his sons (the youngest was Edgar King) brother to Homer King. I did alot of searching about 6 years ago and found out as much as I could. I stopped, got busy, kids in high school now older and I just was browsing and found your message on the message board. I don't know if you will even get this but if you do let me know and I can maybe fill in some blanks. I don't know alot but I live in Salt Lake and went to the genealogy library and tried to find as much as I could. You might have found more than me by now but anyway, if you get this -- please reply. We are distant cousins.

Thanks,

Marqui Smith - My mothers maiden name was King.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions