Search for content in message boards

Dwello - Billmeyer Families > Fayette county around 1860's

Dwello - Billmeyer Families > Fayette county around 1860's

Posted: 17 Mar 2005 2:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am researching the Dwello and Billmeyer families that lived in Fayette county. The family of Moses Dwello and Ellis Billmeyer.They were parents of my gggrandparents. I believe there were 7 children of Moses and about 11 for Ellis. Moses came from Vermont and Ellis from N.Y. areas. I have some information for William and George Dwello and Clara Belle Billmeyer. Would like to find out mor about them and what ever became of their brothers and sisters. Would possibly to get some birth records and marriage records of any in those families. If any one can direct me to a historical society or library in that area that may have some information of the early settlers of that time. Perhaps as well maybe the county seat to obtain records. I also have information that William was married to a Flroa E. Clause before he married my ggrandmother. No one in my family know anything about this. They were married on March 14, 1883 and he married Clara Belle in 1890. Since there weren't many divorces around that time I am assuming perhaps she died or something. They were married in Chickasaw. Hope someone out there can help. Arliss

Re: Dwello - Billmeyer Families > Fayette county around 1860's

Dale (View posts)
Posted: 17 Mar 2005 5:05PM GMT
Arliss: I found this for you.
Found Moses and wife Mary on the 1860 and 1870 census in Fayette Co.
Found William D on 1910/1920 census in ND and Clara on 1930 in ND
Hawkeye <iowa cem. Fayette Co
Moses Dwello b 1824 d 1908
Mirriam """""" b 1824 d 1898
See Ellis Billmeyer and Matilda on the 1880 census in Fayette Co
Oak Ridge cem Auburn twp Fayette Cp
Ellis Billmeyer b 1824 d 4-18-1898
Matilda """"""" d 4-9-1887 age 61

If you want more, e-mail me at WilkenD@aol.com

Dale

DWELLOs buried Hawkeye Fayette IA

Posted: 24 Mar 2005 2:24PM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Surnames: Dwello
Moses Dwello
d 1908
b 1822

Miriam Y. Dwello
d 1898
b 1824

town Hawkeye
cemetery Hawkeye lot 4

level info Grave Records of Fayette County, Iowa

Source: Iowa Cemetery Records Index

Rev. P.N. DWELLO, d. 1928

Posted: 24 Mar 2005 2:29PM GMT
Iowa * Greene * Iowa Recorder * 1928-11-28

Word has been received here stating that Rev. P.N. DWELLO, at one time pastor of the Methodist church here, died at San Diego, California, last week. The body was brought to Elma for burial.

BILLMEYER burials, Auburn Cem., Oak Ridge Fayette IA

Posted: 24 Mar 2005 2:39PM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Surnames: Billmeyer
Ellis Billmeyer
d 18 Apr 1898
b 1824

Matilda Billmeyer
d 09 Apr 1887

town Oak Ridge
cemetery Auburn

Grave Records of Fayette County, Iowa
Source: Iowa Cemetery Records Index

Re: Rev. P.N. DWELLO, d. 1928

Arliss Hansen (View posts)
Posted: 24 Mar 2005 3:48PM GMT
Mary.....
Thank you so much for the messages you posted to my inquires. Firstly do you know if those would be the only Dwello's or Billmeyers in each of those cemeteries? Secondly the message of P.N. Dwello, is there any way of finding out more about him? There was a Plimon Dwello that was a brother to my gggrandfather of whom I have no information at all. Do you suppose that this could be him? I looked up Elma on the map and that is in sort of same area. If you can find out any more it would be appreciated. If not That's okay too. I appreciate what you already gave me........Arliss

Re: Rev. P.N. DWELLO, d. 1928

Arliss hansen (View posts)
Posted: 24 Mar 2005 3:51PM GMT
One more thing. Does that newspaper the Iowa Recorder still exist and if so how would I get an address for them? Maybe I could write them for an obituary.... Thanks again. Arliss

research

Posted: 24 Mar 2005 4:51PM GMT
Arliss,

Yes, those are the only DWELLO / BILLMEYER burials in the respective cemeteries.

I don't know whether the Iowa Recorder still exists (you could search for information at google.com or post a new query to the message board.

In the meantime, yes, there are ways of finding out more about P.N. DWELLO. Do you subscribe to any of the genealogy databases? In addition to census and vital record information, many historic newspapers are now available. For example, membership in the Godfrey Memorial Library ($35/year) gives you Heritage Quest, Pro Quest, and many other resources.

Re: research

Arliss Hansen (View posts)
Posted: 24 Mar 2005 10:24PM GMT
Hi Mary.....
Thanks again.Will try and find the newspaper. You asked about the genealogy databases. I havent subscribed to any of them yet. Have given it some thought but a little unsure of how it works. For example if they said they had 7 newspaper articles of a particular person, would I get to see the actual article and be able to print it out or would I have to send to that newspaper to get the article. I,m sure well worth the money if I would be able to print out the actual items as well as the census, family histories etc. I'll keep searching.....Arliss

Re: research

Posted: 21 Feb 2013 8:59PM GMT
Arliss, it has been a long time since you posted this, but I am looking for Plimmon N. Dwello...to find a pix. He was the first pastor of our Southside Blvd United Methodist Church in Nampa, ID. We are having our 100 yr celebration in May 2013. He served 1913 and 1914 as our very first pastor.
Lois
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions