Search for content in message boards

Phillips Lookup

Phillips Lookup

Posted: 7 Mar 2012 3:22AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Phillips
I would very much appreciate it if anyone there in Manistee could assist me in getting past a wall. I am trying to figure out where some Phillips cousins are buried. I do not have death certificates or obituaries. What I know is:

Corydon "Charles" W Phillips
Birth 8 Apr 1854 in Mundy, Genesee, Michigan
Death 23 Mar 1923 in Manistee, Manistee, Michigan

William Louis "Lewis" Phillips
Birth Sep 1880 in Michigan
Death 29 May 1911 in Marilla, Manistee, Michigan

Mary Elizabeth (Crawford) Phillips
Birth 23 Aug 1860 in Michigan
Death 2 Apr 1936 in Manistee, Manistee, Michigan

All of these individuals are listed on the Manistee County death index at: http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~mimanist/ManDeathIndexPe.h...

I am trying to determine where they are buried. If anyone is able to check death records at the deeds office or consult the Manistee News-Advocate for an obituary, it would very much help me out as I am in California.

Thank you very much.

-David Phillips

Re: Phillips Lookup

Posted: 16 Mar 2012 8:00PM GMT
Have you tried -

TRY - Find a grave – FREE SITE - volunteer site all states; frequently has headstone pic
DO NOT SEARCH FOR A MARRIED WOMAN USING HER MAIDEN NAME.

http://www.worldvitalrecords.com/

Re: Phillips Lookup

Posted: 11 Jan 2014 8:29PM GMT
David, a lo-o-ong time ago I went to the Manistee Co. Historical Museum and found some info for you. Meanwhile, I got a new computer and had to rearrange things. Just now, while looking for something else, I ran across these Phillips findings; hope they make your day:

1. Charles & Mary Phillips and Lena are buried in the Marilla Cemetery in the NW 1/4 of the SW 1/4 of 9-23-13, Lot B.

2. Lewis W. Phillips, Sept 16, 1880 - May 29, 1911, in same location as above.

3. From the Onekama Lake Breeze (aka, The Pioneer Press) of Tuesday a.m., March 27, 1923, page 1 under the Copemish column:
Chas. Phillips died at his home here Tuesday, March 13, at 7:00 a.m., having suffered from a stroke of paralysis three weeks ago. He leaves to mourn his loss a wife, four daughters and a son. Interment was in Marilla cemetery.
. . .
Merl Beidler of Detroit came Wednesday to attend the funeral of his grandfather, Chas. Phillips.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic