Search for content in message boards

Villapando? Vialpando? Villarpando?

Villapando? Vialpando? Villarpando?

Linda Castellano Vargas (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jul 1999 12:07AM GMT
Edited: 16 Mar 2006 6:22AM GMT
Surnames: Vilpando
Am looking for my Great Grandfather's ancestral records and family. Don't know what his first name was. Only know that he was a French man, lived in Mexico, was very wealth, and had a servant girl working in his house. Sadly he had his way with her, Great Grandma gave birth to my Grandpa. But we all loved Grandpa very much anyway. Grandpa Jose Sanchez was born around 1894. Great Grandma moved to Texas, San Antonio I believe, and took Grandpa with her. She gave Grandpa her last name of Sanchez. I don't even know Great Grandmas first name. I would love to get to know the French side of my family. Please get in touch with me if this rings a bell. God Bless You.

Vialpando in Taos

Robert A. Pabinquit (View posts)
Posted: 22 Oct 1999 7:37PM GMT
Edited: 16 Mar 2006 6:23AM GMT
Surnames: Vialpando
I believe that the person you are looking for is related to our Family. Around 1820 the Vialpando's in Taos where a large family. The head of the family promised a daughter to the commanche chief. When she came of age she told the chief he was ugly and slammed the door in his face. The chief became angry and raided the town and hacienda, killed all the people and took the daughter by force. She gave him so much trouble that he sold her to french traders who then took her to New Orleans where she established herself. Her name I brlieve was Maria Conception Villa Al Pando (Vialpando).
I hope this might help you. If it does I can send more information to you. Let me know.
Thank You

Robert A. Vialpando y Pabinquit

Vialpando

Lorenzo Vialpando (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jan 2000 5:21PM GMT
Edited: 16 Mar 2006 6:24AM GMT
Linda, I can tell you that the right spelling would help your search. The original spelling for the family name of Vialpando was VILLALPANDO. I understand about the same time period there was supposedly French blood in my family as well probably for the same reasons. Let me know if there are any similarities in what other information you may have found out.
Good luck and stay working on this.
Lorenzo Vialpando

Re: Vialpando

Linda Vargas (View posts)
Posted: 28 Sep 2001 12:35AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Mar 2006 6:24AM GMT
Surnames: Vialpando
Hello Robert, finally i read your message. Thank you for responding. I had been checking my mail for a good while, but after no replies, I gave up. I'm not sure if this would be any relation. I believe my great grandmother had family that lived in San Antonio, altho i could be wrong. Please send more info, I would be so happy if I found one of my FRENCH relatives. You have no idea how excited I got, when I found out that my Great Grandfather was FRENCH. I love how the FRENCH speak, I love the language, even tho I can't speak it.Now don't forget that my Great Grandpa already was married, and supposedly had a family. And that my Great Grandma was their servant girl. This was someplace in Mexico. Hope to be hearing from you soon. I'm located in Indiana, where are you located?

Re: Vialpando

Linda Vargas (View posts)
Posted: 28 Sep 2001 12:45AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Mar 2006 6:25AM GMT
Thank you Lorenzo, I will keep on keeping on. Hopefully I'll get to the root of this, no pun intended. I'll keep in touch if I break ground. Again thanks. With the Grace of God, I'll find my ancestors.
Thank you again,
Linda Vargas
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions