Search for content in message boards

William Miller, Jay County, IN

William Miller, Jay County, IN

Posted: 29 Dec 2004 12:12AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Dec 2004 12:30AM GMT
Surnames: Miller
I would like any information on William b. abt 1808 Maryland and his wife Margret b. abt 1796 Maryland. Children:
Joshiah, Lewis, Jeramiah, Mary J., Armenious, John, Hunnable, and William H. Miller...all listed in Wayne Twp., Jay Co., IN, in the 1850 census..
My line
William Miller b.1808 Maryland....
son Josiah Simion Miller b. 1827 Maryland....
son Albert Simion Miller b. 1876 Portland, Jay Co., IN....
son Albert Rollo Miller b. 1911 Fargo, Ellis Co,, OK....

Re: William Miller, Jay County, IN

Rosalie Adkins (View posts)
Posted: 2 Feb 2005 5:43AM GMT
Surnames: "Miller"
Vicki,
Hello ! My name is Rosalie Adkins. I live in Hartford City,Indiana.
I sometimes have research done from Jay County for people,
I ordered the obit for Armenius C. Miller,as soon as I get it,I'll
get it to you !!
I just need to get your Home/Postal Addy,the only way I have of getting the obit to you.
I'm sending you info I found on the LDS Family Search site
for William & Margaret (Teegarden) Miller.
From what I found,Margaret married a Jackson Miller,whom was born on January 28,1804,Allen,Ohio,died on February 28,1854,Allen,Ohio,buried in the Sugar Creek Cemetery,Allen,Ohio.
This marriage seems to have been about 1830.

Your William Miller appears to be her 2nd Marriage !!

Glad to help !!
Rosie
LDS Family Search
Family Group Record FamilySearchâ„¢ Ancestral File v4.19
Download GEDCOM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Husband's Name
William MILLER (AFN:F9G7-GV) Pedigree

Born: Abt 1807 Place: Md

Father:
Mother:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wife's Name
Margaret TEEGARDEN (AFN:F9G7-H2) Pedigree

Born: 2 Aug 1806 Place: Madison Twsp, Westmoreland Co, Pa
Died: 5 Sep 1894 Place: , Allen, Ohio
Buried: Sep 1894 Place: , Allen, Ohio, Sugar Creek Cem.

Father:
Mother:

Children

1. Sex Name
M Josiah MILLER (AFN:G094-KV) Pedigree

Born: Abt 1827 Place: Md

2. Sex Name
M Lewis MILLER (AFN:G094-L2) Pedigree

Born: Abt 1829 Place: Md

3. Sex Name
F Christina MILLER (AFN:NSWQ-GK) Pedigree

Born: Abt 1829 Place: Ohio

4. Sex Name
M Jeremiah MILLER (AFN:G094-M7) Pedigree

Born: Abt 1830 Place: Md

5. Sex Name
M Mary MILLER (AFN:G094-ND) Pedigree

Born: Abt 1831 Place: Md

6. Sex Name
M Nicholas MILLER (AFN:NSWQ-K3) Pedigree

Born: Abt 1833 Place: Ohio

7. Sex Name
F Susanna MILLER (AFN:NSWQ-L8) Pedigree

Born: Abt 1834 Place: Ohio

8. Sex Name
M John MILLER (AFN:G094-QQ) Pedigree

Born: Abt 1836 Place: Md

9. Sex Name
F Hannable MILLER (AFN:G094-RW) Pedigree

Born: Abt 1838 Place: Oh

10. Sex Name
M Samuel MILLER (AFN:NSWQ-NL) Pedigree

Born: Abt 1843 Place: Ohio

11. Sex Name
F Caroline MILLER (AFN:NSWQ-PR) Pedigree

Born: Abt 1846 Place: Ohio

12. Sex Name
F Catherine MILLER (AFN:NSWQ-JW) Pedigree

Born: 12 Jan 1832 Place: , Franklin, Oh
Died: 25 Mar 1922 Place: Lawson, Ray, Mo
Buried: Place: Lawson Cem, Ray, Mo

13. Sex Name
F Elizabeth V MILLER (AFN:NSWQ-MF) Pedigree

Born: 7 Oct 1837 Place: , Allen, Ohio
Died: 7 Oct 1913 Place:

14. Sex Name
M William MILLER (AFN:821C-NG) Pedigree

Born: May 1839 Place: Oh
Died: Bef Feb 1922 Place:

15. Sex Name
M Armenius MILLER (AFN:G094-PK) Pedigree

Born: Jun 1831 Place: Pa

16. Sex Name
F Rebecca MILLER (AFN:19L0-92) Pedigree

Born: 15 Aug 1830 Place: Pine Grove, Schuyl, Pa
Died: Bef 1940 Place:

Posted: 5 Sep 2009 12:41AM GMT
I just ran across your post while researching this family. William and Margaret are direct ancestors of mine, through Hannah C. I know that William and Margaret are buried in Little Salamonia Cemetery near Portland, Indiana. I've been there, seen the tombstones, have the pictures. I have Margaret's maiden name as Stohl, but do not know where I got that - no solid source. Please email me at jam1941@gmail.com if you would like to compare notes on this family.

Posted: 13 Sep 2009 10:15AM GMT
Surnames: Miller, Baker
Could Wm be a brother to John and Jacob Miller of Jay county?
Does anyone know these other Millers?

Posted: 30 Mar 2010 8:48PM GMT
Surnames: MILLER
William H. Miller brn abt 1839 had the following brothers: Josiah (went to Kansas), Lewis Alfred, Jeremiah, Armenius, and John T. Do you know when your William Miller died? My William Miller was still alive for the 1900 census, but must have died soon after. His widow remarried in 1902.

Posted: 18 Oct 2013 1:19AM GMT
I just found the obit of William Miller, born 1807. His wife's maiden name was Stull. William married 2nd Mrs. Mary Williams after Margaret's death. I have not had time to track down Mary yet. I have an obit for son Armenius, also. Feel free to contact me at jam1941@gmail.com if I can be of help. Judy

Posted: 29 Dec 2013 6:57PM GMT
I do not have anything to offer except some clues that if solved, may help our research on the Miller family. My Alva Miller is the son of Michael Miller from North Beaver Twp Lawrence Co Pa. Alva and several of his brothers came to Union Twp Adams County Indiana in the mid 1800's. Many of these Millers area buried in Clark's Chapel Cemetery in Adams Co Indiana.

It is becoming more probable that Michael Miller's father was John MIller and Michael may have had a brother John Miller married to Susan Barlet, John and Susan are buried in the Stephenson Family cemetery near where Old US 30 crosses into Ohio.

In my searches of the Lawrence Co Pa Probate Records on Family Search. I found a number of Milllers who had fought in the War Of 1812.

There is a probate record for William Milller died Feb 12, 1814 at James Pollocks in Erie County at age of 41. His wife Elizabeth to receive a widows pension from beginning the Feb 12, 1814 through 1854.

There is a John Miller who died in 1840 leaving minor children Margaret Miller, David Miller, and Jacob Miller. John was eligible for Bounty Lands for his service in the War of 1812.

Assuming that Alva's grandfather, John Miller, had several sons,. these people could all be related, as it appears they were all born in the 1780's or about 30 years old at the time of the War of 1812.

It is not a stretch of the imagination that several groups of Millers from Alva's grandfather's family moved to the Jay/Adams Co area.

If this sounds like a reasonable avenue of research I would gladly help someone find these records, or provide the copies I have downloaded to move the Miller family Research forward, (or should I say backwards)

Posted: 25 Feb 2014 2:57AM GMT
I was on the Adams county forum and found this book
http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~inadams/Library.html]
Reminiscences of Adams, Jay & Randolph Counties
by Martha C. Lynch, 1896 (353 pages)

On page 66 there is mention of a John, Margaret, and Mathias Miller.

I don't know it this will help but there is alot of interesting things in the book.

Posted: 25 Feb 2014 3:34AM GMT
Thank you for your suggestion. it was definitely an interesting story, but I don't see any way that Mathias can be related to my William Miller. Thanks again! Judy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions