Search for content in message boards

UK Electoral Roll Compilation Dates

UK Electoral Roll Compilation Dates

Posted: 24 Jan 2012 2:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Jan 2012 2:39PM GMT
Does anybody know where I can find information on when an Electoral Roll was compiled?
One of my ancestors was on the 1937 electoral roll but not on the 1938 roll, and I have been struggling to find his death as the rest of the family remain at the same address. I was just hoping that a rough ideas of dates would give me a better chance of finding it.
Thanks,
Vanessa

Re: UK Electoral Roll Compilation Dates

Posted: 19 Feb 2012 12:14AM GMT
I think it is October, but I am not sure.

Re: UK Electoral Roll Compilation Dates - finding a date of death

Posted: 16 Mar 2012 4:23AM GMT
Hello Vanessa,

There is a much easier way to find the date of a persons death in the U.K. than checking on electoral registers.

I'll be happy to look it up for you, if you give me the details.

However, I am not a paid member of this site, so although I can post messages to the forums, I don't appear to be able to send private messages to members of this site, and presumably I can't receive private messages from site members.

So, if you want my help, you'll have to email me on
targetpast@hushmail.com

I don't know if Vanessa is being alerted to replies to her forum posts or not, so if any paid members read this reply, perhaps they would be kind enough to send Vanessa a private message to inform her of my reply, assuming that is, that Vanessa is a paid member of the site. !

Regards, James, in Merseyside England, targetpast@hushmail.com

Re: UK Electoral Roll Compilation Dates

Posted: 16 Mar 2012 4:24AM GMT
Oh btw, forget to mention, this link should explain U.K. electoral register dates.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electoral_roll

Regards, James.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions