Search for content in message boards

Christianson or Peterson families that were from Gull Lake

Christianson or Peterson families that were from Gull Lake

Posted: 25 Feb 2004 4:30AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Mar 2004 11:16PM GMT
Hi, I was wondering if there were any family members of John or Peter Peterson that was from the Gull Lake area in the early 1900's. Peters brother in law, William Christianson ran the Christianson Service Station that was located 1 mile from Gull Lake. If anyone knows of the two families let me know.

Re: Christianson or Peterson families that were from Gull Lake

Bob Jensen (View posts)
Posted: 16 Nov 2004 4:05AM GMT
Hi Audrey,
Did you ever get an answer to your inquiry? If not, I can help you.

Bob Jensen
Swift Current

Posted: 16 Nov 2004 3:00PM GMT
Edited: 17 Aug 2006 4:14AM GMT
No, I never did. Yes, I'd like that.

Bob Jensen (View posts)
Posted: 16 Nov 2004 11:35PM GMT
Hi Audrey,
The website below is for a Gull Lake history book "From Prairie Trails to Pavement" Go to page 83 and 84 for the William Christiansen story and to page 545 for Peter and John Peterson. The Petersons shown may not be the right ones but it is all that is there. You can look at the whole book by using the web page keys.
The town of "Gull Lake Memories" history book also has a story on Bill Christiansen but it is the same as this one.

Good luck with your research.

Bob Jensen
Swift Current
http://www.ourroots.ca/e/toc.asp?id=6085

Posted: 17 Nov 2004 5:40AM GMT
Edited: 17 Aug 2006 4:14AM GMT
Surnames: Christianson
The Christianson family was the right one but I am not sure about Peter Peterson. I would have to try and contact the children of Lillian Lawton to maybe get some more information. The book was really interesting to go through. I wish I had dsl now so I could have gone through it faster. Thanks so much for getting this information to me.

Posted: 20 Jan 2013 7:12PM GMT
Surnames: christianson
I too am looking for anything on the Christiansons from Gull Lake and area. My father is Phillip Edward Christianson and was born in Gull Lake 1930 . His parents were Margaret Helen Muller and Malvin Christianson . Malvins father was Ole Christianson who immigrated from the USA. South Dakota around 1910-11. My father has passed away before I could ask him any family history. To my surprised by reading about William Christianson owning a service station as it turns out my father owned and ran several service station throughout B.C. He was a very successful master mechanic.I was wondering if William and Ole are related in some way . I was also wondering how my father new so much about mechanics at such a young age.Did William show him the trade.?

Posted: 6 Aug 2013 2:03AM GMT
My mother was Margaret Helen Muller. She was married to Melvin (Malvin) Christianson and she was Phillip Edward Christianson's mother. My daughter found information on ancestry.com about mom and Melvin. I was blown away! We met Phil and Rose many years ago when they visited us in California and we remember Danny but can't recall his sister's name. Could that be you? Mom passed away 6/24/2004. My brother, Chuck, his wife, and my husband and I have moved to Bellingham, Washington and we are so close to where Phillip and Rose and their children lived. The last we heard they were in Abbotsford or Westminster BC or in that area. We'd love to re-connect with the family. Are you still in the Vancouver area? If you think we're part of your family please email me at marti@thecaputis.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic