Search for content in message boards

wanted Moses French Jackman & son Levi Jackman

wanted Moses French Jackman & son Levi Jackman

Rick J (View posts)
Posted: 5 Mar 2005 2:44AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Mar 2005 1:25PM GMT
Surnames: Jackman
Hello I am a non morrmon who is looking for any Jackman cousins ,who can trace their lines back to Moses French Jackman and his son Levi Jackman. Levi married 8 times and had children with 2 of them.

Re: Levi & Angelina Myers Jackman

Ross Herbst (View posts)
Posted: 18 Apr 2005 5:39AM GMT
Edited: 24 May 2005 11:16AM GMT
My family line goes back through Levi Jackman and his wife Angelina Myers. I believe she was Levi's first wife.

Ross

Re: Levi & Angelina Myers Jackman

Rick j (View posts)
Posted: 19 Apr 2005 1:08AM GMT
Edited: 7 Sep 2005 10:38AM GMT
Surnames: Jackman, Myers
Hello Ross, That is great to hear. Yes Angelina was Levi's first wife. Which of their 5 children are you descended from ? I would really like to add your line into my family tree. Thanks so much for writing. I look forward to hearing from you again. Rick

Re: Albert Brady Jackman. son of Angelina

Ross Herbst (View posts)
Posted: 19 Apr 2005 2:46AM GMT
Edited: 24 May 2005 11:14AM GMT
I'm descended from the 6th or rather the 1st, Albert Brady Jackman who was from Angelina's first marriage and legally adopted by Levi when they were married. Which are you descended from and where are you from. I have quite a bit of information about Levi Jackman and nothing about Angelina's first husband who was Thomas Brady. Thanks for getting back to me so promptly.
Ross

Re: Richard Jackman & Elizabeth Plummer family

Rick J (View posts)
Posted: 20 Apr 2005 1:59AM GMT
Edited: 24 May 2005 11:13AM GMT
Surnames: Jackman, Plummer
Albert Brady Jackman and I are 4th cousins 4 times removed ,our common ancestors are Richard Jackman & Elizabeth Plummer. Levi"s great grandfather James 3rd Jackman and my 6th great grandfather were brothers. My line stayed in the east in New England mostly. I am now living in Ohio 2 towns over from Kirtland. At the Family History Center they have a great set of early Mormon History written by Susan Easton Black . The volume is # 25 (Ire-Jon) pages 95-102. I do not remember how much informatio there was about Albert's natural father. The impression that I got was once he was adopted he was considered as a Jackman only.Thanks for writing back. Rick

Daniel & Eleanor Merrill Jackman

Ross Herbst (View posts)
Posted: 22 Apr 2005 4:15AM GMT
Edited: 7 Sep 2005 10:37AM GMT
Surnames: Jackman, Merrill
Thank you for replying, I went to our local family history center and they didn't have the books you refered to. I live in a small town in Idaho so I will have to run to Salt Lake City soon and look there. I don't have any information back any farther than Daniel Jackman who was Moses French Jackman's father and all I have on him is his name and his wife who was Eleanor Merrill.

Thanks again, Ross

Re: James & Joanna Jackman descendants

Rick J (View posts)
Posted: 22 Apr 2005 9:31PM GMT
Edited: 24 May 2005 11:11AM GMT
Surnames: Jackman, Plummer, French, Merrill
Daniel born 9 Jan 1725 died 9 Sep 1794,married 28 Feb 1794 to Eleanor Merrill. She was born 1 Sep 1732. Daniel's parents James Jackman b. 5 Sep 1686 d. 27 May 1779. He married Mary French 8 Dec 1720. She was b. 2 Sep 1696,d. 29 aug 1758.Daniel's grandparents Richard Jackman b. 5 Feb 1659. He married Elizabeth Plummer 26 Jun 1682. Daniel's great grandparents James "the immigrant" Jackman b. 1611 in Exeter, England m. Joanna (last name unsure) in the 1640's. That is as far as I go back for now. I hope this helps fill in some gaps for you. Rick

Re: Moses French Jackman & son Levi Jackman

Levi (View posts)
Posted: 22 May 2005 9:33PM GMT
Edited: 24 May 2005 11:09AM GMT
Surnames: Jackman
Hi, I am decended from Levi Jackman and am in fact named after him.

Re: Moses French Jackman & son Levi Jackman

Rick J (View posts)
Posted: 23 May 2005 2:53AM GMT
Edited: 24 May 2005 11:09AM GMT
Hello , It is nice to know that the name has traveled down in the family. I would be very interested in adding your line to the family tree. Rick

Arelia Jackman (m.) Moses Curtis (son of Nahum Curtis)

Noelle Oertle Ray (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jul 2005 5:21PM GMT
Edited: 6 Aug 2005 11:29AM GMT
Surnames: Jackman, Curtis
Hi
I am related through Levi's daughter Arelia Jackman who married Moses Curtis (son of Nahum Curtis).

Thanks!
Noelle Ray
per page

Find a board about a specific topic