Search for content in message boards

Gregg/Gragg families of Johnson and Sterling area

Gregg/Gragg families of Johnson and Sterling area

Christine (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jul 2006 9:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gregg/Gragg
Interested in contacting descendants of Revolutionary War veterans Isaac, George, and Thomas Gregg/Gragg who were in Johnson/Sterling area by 1790. Think I may know their ancestry and am seeking to prove (or disprove) my hypothesis.

Christine

Re: Gregg/Gragg families of Johnson and Sterling area

Jim Heath (View posts)
Posted: 18 Oct 2006 7:21PM GMT
I have the Gregg family in my lineage. I live near the Johnson area and will look up the names. Jim

Christine Gregg (View posts)
Posted: 18 Oct 2006 7:38PM GMT
Thanks, Jim. I will be glad to share my thoughts on the origins of these brothers if you are interested. I've been working on this family for quite a long time. Any feet on the ground help you can give to prove (or disprove) my hypotheses will be most welcome.

Christine

Posted: 7 Apr 2012 7:54PM GMT
Surnames: Gregg/Gragg
I realize it has been since 2006 but just discovered your inquiry -
gregg/
gragg families of Sterling and Johnson. Looking to find parents of Eunice Gregg/Gragg born about 1808 in Sterling.

Posted: 20 Jul 2012 2:50PM GMT
I will get look in my town record books for Sterling. Many births were recorded there. If I can't find it I will go to the town clerks office and review the records there.
The Gragg family is of interest to me as they and the Merrills are a gap in my records.

Barbara Baraw,
Pres Stowe Historical Soc.
genealogy researcher

Posted: 20 Jul 2012 9:40PM GMT
Thanks Barbara - believe we have met in Stowe where we were looking up info on the Kaiser's. Now looking into Henry Kaiser's wife Eunice Gragg/Gregg. Have found a lot on the three brothers who were in the Revolutionary War in New Hampshire and settled in Sterling after the war (George, Isaac and Thomas)Will be interested to see what you can find on their children. Have info on some of the next generation but nothing on Eunice except her marriage to Henry in Sterling. Jo and Paul Kaiser next time you see Pat Haslam tell her hello from us!!

Posted: 21 Jul 2012 4:03PM GMT
Did i somehow forget to do this after you were in Stowe? If so I am sorry. I don't remember which Gragg waa in Deanna French's line but when I find out perhaps you can share some of the info you have with her. She and I have kept the Sterling project alive. When I talked to Linda she said you and she had been in touch which is great.

Will say hi to Pat and will be back to you soon.
bb

Posted: 22 Jul 2012 8:56PM GMT
I strongly suspect that these 3 guys (George, Isaac, and Thomas) are sons of Thomas Gregg. He, in turn, was a son of Captain James Gregg of Londonderry (now Derry), NH. Can anyone confirm or refute?

Posted: 23 Jul 2012 5:50PM GMT
2nd reply: Found in my transcribed notes Eunice married in Sterling 1828, I think Sept. Will have to go to the town clerk's office to get an image copied. Hopefully it confirms that George is her father. His 1810 census info indicates he had several boys and only one girl (under 5) which would fit with her death info that she she was 80 in 1888.
Stay tuned, may not get to moville until next week.

Posted: 24 Jul 2012 1:44PM GMT
Found Eunice's marriage and death records (images) on Family Search.org. Isaac also had a daughter under 10 in the 1810 census and Thomas also had one about that age. Have never found Eunice's birth record or any of her children. George had a son Jacob who named his daughter Eunice.

Will be interested to hear what you find at town clerks office - think Linda has searched there in the past. Jo
per page

Find a board about a specific topic