Search for content in message boards

Geneology

Geneology

Posted: 7 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Jan 2002 3:51AM GMT
Surnames: Davidson, Ragsdale, Todd, Spilman
Searching for ancestors and descendents of William Davidson(1782-1840) and wife Rhoda Todd Ragsdale (1795-1846)moved to Dinwiddie County after 1815 from Granville Dist.N.C. Both are buried in Blandford Cemetery, Petersburg,Va. Our family descends fron son John Davidson and Jerusha Bethia Spilman, also buried at Blandford. Other lines are Bendall, Haines,Falconer and Sydnor. Will answer all contacts. Thank you.

Davidson and Ragsdale Families of Dinwiddie Co., Virginia

Steve Graap (View posts)
Posted: 13 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Sydnor, Thweatt, Roper, Meredith
I am a Family Historian for the Sydnor, Thweatt, Roper, and Meredith families of Dinwiddie County, Virginia. The Ragsdales are related to the Sydnors through Martha Dabney, daughter of William Dabney and Julia Sydnor. Washington Sydnor married Lizzie Davidson, daughter of William Davidson. If you are related, I'm interested in info on both families.
Posted: 4 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 17 Jan 2003 7:39PM GMT
Surnames: THWAETT, POLLARD
Hi Steve-- In your work on family histories, have you seen the name AMEY THWEATT, b.- 8 Dec1765, and married Varney Andrews, Sr. I believe Amey was born in Dinwiddie Co., VA. I am searching for her parents and siblings. I would apprciate any help you can give. Reg Vassar

Sydnor/Davidson

Posted: 24 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jan 2002 3:51AM GMT
My son's are descendents of William Davidson and Rhoda Todd Ragsdale through: 1/son John Davidson and Jerusha Bethia Spilman: 2/son Falconer Davidson and Essie Guy Harmon : 3/Annie Belle Davison and Charles Robert Simpson 4/ Frances Simpson and William Henry Mooney. Have no information on Elizabeth other than she married Washinton Sydnor and had no children. Would like to share.

Davidson Family

Steve Graap (View posts)
Posted: 26 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Sydnor, Thweatt, Roper, Meredith
Washington F. Sydnor (1838-1887)is my Great, Great Uncle. He graduated from VMI in 1860 as an engineer. He was a Captain in the 41st Regiment of Virginia Infantry and was seriously wounded in skirmishes before the Battle of Chancelorville in 1863. He married "Lizzie" Davidson in 1866 in Petersburg. She died in Jan. 1900 in Dinwiddie County. Do you have her birth date and place? I would like all info you have on her parents and siblings. Her father was apparently from Scotland.

Re: Davidson and Ragsdale Families of Dinwiddie Co., Virginia

Posted: 2 Oct 2004 1:38PM GMT
Edited: 15 Apr 2005 11:28AM GMT
Surnames: Davidson, Davison
Do you know from what family this William Davidson descended (do you have his parents)? There were Davidsons nearby in Prince Edward, Buckingham, Cumberland, Charlotte and Appomattox, VA Counties, and some were related and some were not. Thanks.

Re: Geneology

Bill Davidson (View posts)
Posted: 14 Oct 2004 6:43PM GMT
Surnames: Davidson, Hamilton
There was a William H. Davidson who married Ann Eliza Hamilton in 1814 in Charlotte County, VA. In 1850, there was a younger Ann E. Davidson (age 22) in Charlotte County, VA who was listed as having been born in Granville or Gramercee (?) NC. She was living with the Hamilton family (probably the brother of the above Ann Eliza (Hamilton) Davidson). I could never find this William H. Davidson (or his wife) on ANY VA census or any other record other than his marriage record, and based on his apparent daughter's NC birth, I wonder if he could have left the state for a while. Any idea if this could have been your William Davidson? His first wife might have died since the daughter was living with the wife's family. There was yet a third Ann E. Davidson in Charlotte County, VA. She was born about 1830 and died at age 23 in 1853. I do not know who her parents were, but there are a couple of possibilities (including a William W. Davidson and his wife; this William was a likely relative of William H. Davidson). The middle/second Ann E. Davidson moved to Halifax County, VA with the Hamiltons by 1860.

Re: Geneology

Posted: 14 Jan 2005 2:43PM GMT
Edited: 15 Apr 2005 11:28AM GMT
UPDATE: There were apparently only two Ann Eliza Davidsons in Charlotte Co., VA. One was the Ann Eliza Hamilton (who married William H. Davidson in 1844, NOT 1814 as I originall reported) and Ann Eliza Johns (who married Wiliam Bryant Davidson in 1847). This second one must have been the Ann Eliza Davidson who died in 1853 at the age of 23. William and Ann Eliza (Hamilton) Davidson apparently had Thomas A. Davidson and Adeline/Adelia Davidson.

Re: Davidson and Ragsdale Families of Dinwiddie Co., Virginia

Posted: 24 May 2013 2:35AM GMT
I am a relative of Lewis and Mary Meredith's child Mary Virginia Meredith and Joseph Allen Sydnor. I am Lynda Wray Sydnor...Sydnor Family Tree. If you have any pictures of Lewis or Mary, I would be interested....thank you, Lynda
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions