Search for content in message boards

Death of Frank AVILA

Death of Frank AVILA

Posted: 20 Apr 2003 8:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Aug 2003 11:27AM GMT
For your information.. Posted with love

Frank C. Avila

NASHUA - Frank C. Avila, 96, a Nashua resident and Lowell native, died yesterday, April 19, at Greenbriar Terrace Healthcare in Nashua. He was the husband of Annette O. (Blanchette) Avila, with whom he would have celebrated their 69th wedding anniversary on May 12.
He was born in Lowell on Oct. 10, 1906, a son of the late Francisco and Emelia (Sousa) Avila.

Prior to his retirement, Mr. Avila was employed at the Nashua Mills, Improved Machinery, and Ingersol Rand.

He was a communicant of Infant Jesus Church in Nashua.

Besides his wife, he is survived by a daughter and her husband, Marguerite and Donald Rivard of Merrimack, N.H.; three granddaughters, Donna L. McCarthy and her husband Kevin, Janice Sebek and her husband Keith, and Lori A. Rivard; four great-grandchildren, Christopher McCarthy, Kimberly McCarthy, Brian McCarthy, and Tanya Sebek; and several nieces, nephews, and cousins.

He was also the brother of the late John Avila, Joseph Avila, Fred Avila, and Mary Silva.

Frank was a relitive. PJ Mathon

Sentimemtal-Lane.com

Re: Death of Frank AVILA

Posted: 30 Jun 2005 12:42PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jul 2005 8:17AM GMT
Hello, my name is Teresa Conley (maiden). Please accept y condolences for your loss. I have been actively seeking members of my ancient family and I have a family tree with the names Vincent Avila and Anita Avila (Gamboa). I was prompted to respond to this message because there is also a John Bautista listed on my family tree.

I also have relatives that came from the California Mission area. They were indian, some were ohlone indian, some where salinian indian and some were elcellemac indian. There is also a Mr and Mrs John B. Avila, born in the 1800's.

I have a copy of a newspaper article from the Salinas Californian from 1969. It says "Avila Heritage Stems from Early California. I will quote a couple paragraphs: Melvin Avila of Salinasrode on the recreated Pertola Trek from Davis Crossing to the beach at Monterey. As a decendant of some of the oldest families-the Borondas and the Butrons-Avila also numbers members of early indian tribes as ancestors. Similarly he is a decendant of Juan de Anza who preceded the Portola Expedition.

Avila's parents, Mr. and Mrs. John B. Avila both live in Salinas, but do to their advanced age, the are confined to a convalescent hospital. John Avila, born in 1882, is the son of Juan Bautista Avila, born in 1853, and the former Rebecca Boronda. Another generation earlier, Juan Avila's parents were Vincente de Avila, born in 1816 and Maria Paula Littlejohn.

Tracing the heritage of Vincente de Avila who was born at San Carlos Mission, records reveal he was full-blooded indian. His wife, a native of Monterey, was some 12-13 years his junior. Vincente's Indian parentswere born in 1787, Rafael Guajox at San Carlos Mission Rancheria and his wife at Rancheria de Soledad. Her name was Joaquina de Jesus Mayasats. Guajox' parents, Cayanjuanas and Luxqui Guajux, both were members of the Elcellemac Indians, who made their home in the Santa Lucia Mountain range.

On his destaff side the Salinas man's mother, the former Marguerite Paula Littlejohn, can trace her parentage to Simon Littlejohn and Estafana Soto, his wife. Simon's father was David Littlejohn, who on July 28, 1826 married Francisca Higuera, daughter of Jose Maria Higuera and Maria de Jesus Cota Higuera.

Steve Avila was a noted lion hunter of Monterey County.

If you have additional information about this or think you are a decendant please reply to this email.

Thank you.

Teresa

Re: Death of Frank AVILA

Posted: 24 Oct 2008 5:16PM GMT
I don't believe I am of any relation to Frank Avila, in MA. But based on the information Teresa Conley wrote I am a relative to her. Steve Avila the gret lion hunter of Monterey County was my great uncle and I was named after him...Would like to discuss further...Steve
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions