Search for content in message boards

John Robert P. EPPES of Charles City Cty., VA

John Robert P. EPPES of Charles City Cty., VA

Posted: 29 Aug 2000 2:05PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:22PM GMT
Searching for "cousins" of my EPPES line. Robert P. Eppes father was John Eppes who died in CCC, VA in 1836. Robert's youngest daughter Laura Lee Eppes was my Greatgrandmother. I have some wonderful records for John and Robert. Including statements to the Southern Claims Commission after the Civil War (1871) by two of his sons Augustus and Littleberry. Also his nephew Alexander BRADLEY (youngest son of Elizabeth EPPES and John William BRADLEY).

John's children were:

John C. Eppes (b. abt. 1805)m. CARTER
Littleberry Eppes (b. abt. 1808) m. WADDILL
Elizabeth Eppes (b. 23 March 1812) m. BRADLEY
Rebecca Eppes (b. abt. 1813) m. MARSTON
Mary Ann Eppes (b. 12 May 1818) m. MAJOR
James Eppes (b. abt. 1820)
Robert P. Eppes (b. 1822) m. Mary Ann?

Robert's children were:

Augustus Eppes b. July, 1850 m. TIMBERLAKE
Robert Eppes b. abt. 1852 m. BRADLEY
Littleberry Eppes b. 30 Aug. 1853 m. BARNES
Allison Eppes b. abt. 1857 d. 1865 unmarried
Ann R. Eppes b. abt. 1859
Virginia b. abt. ?
Laura Lee Eppes, b. Sept 1, 1866 m. WALKER

Wish to collaborate and share what I have with others who are interested in this EPPES line and associated surnames.

Richard Eppes 1714 / Martha Bolling

Cynthia Gibson (View posts)
Posted: 10 Sep 2000 2:08PM GMT
Hello... just began searching for Eppes from Francis IV line. Do you have any information backward from the Eppes you have listed. I know this Eppes is in your line and I am looking for information on the Eppes/Bolling/Majors/Hendricks. All in or around VA. I would be in your debt for any information you might have. My email address is cgibson271@earthlink.net Hope to hear from you. Cynthia Prater Gibson
Posted: 10 Sep 2000 8:35PM GMT
Hi there! First, how do you KNOW that our lines are related? I have been stuck on John Eppes who died in 1836 for years! I'm still trying to make that connectiion with his parents. Then I think I will get somewhere. My e-mail is Lparke8569@aol.com. Anything I can help you with will be my pleasure. I have been to VA and have masses of papers, copies, etc. Maybe somewhere in there is something that will help you. It's interesting that I was just going over these old papers of mine looking for clues while you were sending me this e-mail! Serendipity?

Francis Eppes IV

Posted: 25 Jan 2001 6:23PM GMT
Edited: 10 Oct 2001 10:47PM GMT
Read your message concerning Francis Eppes IV.
Ihave considerable information on this line, as he
is a direct ancestor of mine on my mothers
side. I am looking for information on Peyer Eppes,
son of Francis IV. Hopefully we can compare notes.

Francis Epps IV

Richard Muller (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jan 2001 3:54PM GMT
The bio on Francis Epps IV on pages 150-156 of the book "ANCESTORS AND DESCENDANTS OF FRANCIS EPES I OF VIRGINIA, VOLUME ONE" does not show anyone named Peyer.

Francis Eppes

Posted: 31 Jan 2001 4:46PM GMT
Sorry, type "o" , thats PETER. Not
Peyer. Any other help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Francis Eppes

Posted: 31 Jan 2001 4:47PM GMT
Sorry, type "o" , thats PETER. Not
Peyer. Any other help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Francis Epps IV

Richard Muller (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jan 2001 5:26PM GMT
Francis Epes born about 1683 and his will was proved Dec 1734. His will mention his wife Sarah and his children Francis,Anne, Martha, Richard and William. No Peter is listed as a son. Francis V had a grandson named Peter Francisco who was the son of Henry Winfield Epps (1793-1847). Peter was born abt 1835 and died after the Civil War from effects of military service. He was a student at VMI and served in the 13th Virginia Cavalry, C.S.A

There was another Peter Eppes who died in 1821 in Prince George County. He was married to Mary Poythress. This Peter was the son of John VI. This Peter had a son named Peter, Jr. born 12 June 1814 and died 26 July 1876. He was a MD. Peter Jr, married Susanna Bland Bott on 13 Dec 1844. Hope this info will help you. Source is the book previously cited. It is very well documented
Posted: 14 Apr 2001 8:06AM GMT
Edited: 23 Dec 2001 10:04PM GMT
Am hoping to find info on Elizabeth Eppes Demoville. She married a Bright. Her family was from Charles City Co. VA. Family names include: Eppes, Morgan, Littleberry, Irby, Demoville, Talbot..
Posted: 14 Apr 2001 9:16AM GMT
Gail: What time frame are we talking about? The names you mention are familiar but not of my lines. Do you know about the "eppesgenealogy" site at Yahoo? I believe I saw the names you mentioned there. If you contact me I may be able to help since I have been searching in Charles City County for some time.

My e-mail address is: Lparke8569@aol.com

Linda Parke
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions