Search for content in message boards

perea family new mexico and colorado

perea family new mexico and colorado

Posted: 18 Sep 2009 4:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for any information about my great grandfather
Jose Matias or Matias Jose Perea.He was born about 1873 in
New Mexico. His Fathers name was Pedro Antonio Perea and his mother's name is Quirina not sure about maiden name
could possibly be Maez.My great grandfather was married in
the Holy Trinity Church in Trinidad Colorado He was married under the Name Matias J. Perea.In 1870 census he lived in Colfax new mexico. With his wife Isabella and 3 sons Joe,
Frank and Pete. He was supposed to have died around 1910 but we have not been able to find any death record. I am interested in finding out if he had and brother's or sisters and where he was born in New Mexico. Any information
would very much be appericated.

Re: perea family new mexico and colorado

Posted: 19 Sep 2009 7:49PM GMT
Surnames: Perea
I am also a descendent of Pedro Antonio Perea and Quirina. My great-grandfather was Alfonso Perea, brother of Matias Perea.

I also am not 100% positive about Quirina's last name. I told told by another researcher that Matias' marriage record indicated that his mother was listed as Quirina Maez, but we were always told her name is Quirina Trujillo. I found a Quirina Trujillo from Taos, New Mexico who was the daughter of Miguel Basilio Trujillo and Maria Benigna Maes. I strongly suspect that this is our Quirina, but I am still looking for records to prove it.

I don't know much about Matias, but much of the Perea family remained in the Pagosa Junction, Pagosa Springs & Monte Vista, Colorado areas. Pedro Perea was in Conejos County, Colorado for the 1880 US Federal Census, but I cannot find him in the 1870 census to find out if they lived in Colorado or New Mexico at the time. Other researchers had noted that many of the children were born in Los Fuertecitos, Colorado, which I understand now is the tiny town of Espinosa, in Conejos County, Colorado. By the way, there were a lot of children born to this union and also from Pedro's second wife (Maria Juana Martinez). Some of Pedro and Quirina's other children were: Alfonso, Alcario, Felix, Juanita, Solomon, Juan Manuel, Juanita, Andrea, Jose Quirino and others.

I look forward to sharing information with you.
Regards,
Cynthia

Posted: 20 Sep 2009 5:47AM GMT
Hi Cynthia
Was very glad to hear from you and yes I also think we are
talking about the same Perea Family. I was looking in LDS
tonight and found a some Matias Perea's I think all of them
were for the same person just had different Birth dates and
place of Birth but all had mother and father listed as
Pedro Antonio and Maria Quirina Trujillo. Checking under
Pedro Perea found his death as feb 1902 born 1839 his first
wife was Maria Qririna Trujillo married in 1860 second wife
Jaunita Epifanie Martinez Married 1892.Not sure if you had
seen that info on LDS.Funny that a lot of the names are the
same in my family.My Grandfathers middle name was Felix and
his son my uncle's name is Alfonso and my other uncle was named Pedro (Pete) and my aunt was Isabel.My dad's name
was different it was Ernest but his middle name was Joseph
or Jose. It is funny I did not even know we were part of the
Perea family till about a year ago. I started to work on a family tree and was surprised at all I have found. My great grandfather Matias died around 1909-1910 but have found no
records of it. Anyway after Matias died his wife Isabel
remarried to a man by the name of Stephen Lara. Matias's
son's all ran by their stepfathers last name Lara. When
I found this out I had to call my uncle who is about 75 yrs
old and tell him he was really a perea and not a Lara. He
said he had heard this growing up but didn't pay too much
attention to it. So now he is trying to find out any info
he can get on Matias too but he probably won't have much luck he dosen't have a computer. Says he is too old to learn.According to other members of the family Matias and
his wife Isabella had about 10-20 kids but all but 3 died
from the flu epicdemic along with her second husband. Well
I don't want to write a book so If I find anything I will
let you know. Hope to hear from you soon.
Sincerly
June

Posted: 26 Mar 2010 4:15AM GMT
Surnames: Perea
I wanted to touch base and get more information from you on your grandfather and father, so I can see if I have anything to add for you.

Email me when you can at cynthiamonroe40@aol.com

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions