Search for content in message boards

Old Seaver Family Photos

Old Seaver Family Photos

Don Howell (View posts)
Posted: 19 Aug 2004 8:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello,

I recently came across these old photos and was hoping to get them home to they're family"

"Charlie Seaver sometime around 1907"
"Rosa Seaver, taken in Madison, Ind."
"Jesse Seaver sometime around 1907"
"Jesse Montgomery Seaver about 1914 or 1915, taken in Kansas City, MO."

If anyone wants these photo contact me and we'll get them home.

Don Howell

Re: Old Seaver Family Photos

Posted: 20 Aug 2004 2:45PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2005 3:16PM GMT
I have many Charles Seaver names and 4 Jesse Seaver names.
It is possible that they are distant cousins.

Wilmer Barnes Seaver

Don Howell (View posts)
Posted: 20 Aug 2004 3:10PM GMT
I'm not sure of the relationship but i do know the men in the photos dated 1907 appear to be the same age. Those two photos look like old Grad. photos from school.
Also the two Jesse Seaver photos appear to be the same man . The oldest of the Seaver photos is the Rosa Seaver photo i'd date it about 1880-1900. I'm guessing she is an older sibling or possible mother.

These photos were found with the Seaver photos:
Frank Giltner
Charlie Foster who married Annie Kelley
Henry Straughn
Susan Montgomery-Straughn

I'm guessing they all belong together but i'm not sure.

Hope this helps!
Don Howell

Posted: 23 Aug 2004 2:48AM GMT
Edited: 2 Jan 2005 3:50AM GMT
Surnames: SEAVER
Interesting, Don.

Jesse Montgomery Seaver was the author of "The Seaver Genealogy" typescript that can be found in some libraries, including the Family History Library in SLC on microfiche. He compiled this work based on research done during his travels and through correspondence ith Seaver families. For the time, he did a decent job.

He was born in Bethlehem, Indiana, so it is probably that these photos are from his family. The Seaver genealogy says his father was George Washington Seaver (1844-???) and he married (1) Sarah Elizabeth Fix in 1868 and (2) Rose Ella Foster in 1880. He and Sarah had children Mary, Fannie and Maud, and with Rose he had Oliver, Clara, Charles C., Arthur Francis, Roy James, George, Jesse, Leslie Foster, Sylvia, Ruth Alice, Dewey and Paul Revere Seaver. 15 kids...

Unfortunately, Jesse never could positively connect his line to another known Seaver line. Jesse wrote many books of poor quality, and was apparently sued for defrauding people with his poorly written genealogy books.

Posted: 23 Aug 2004 11:38PM GMT
Hello Randy,

Thanks for the info :)
I'd say that is the family here in these photos.
If anyone wants them just let me know.

Don Howell

Posted: 1 Sep 2004 2:49PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2005 3:16PM GMT
How much is the cost of the photos?
Wilmer

Don Howell (View posts)
Posted: 2 Sep 2004 12:39AM GMT
Hello Wilmer,

For the entire collection (15 photos)
it would be 25.00 which includes shipping Priority Mail.

If your still interested Email me at LHOWELL@wk.net for my address.

Don Howell

Posted: 8 Sep 2010 5:07PM GMT
Surnames: Seaver
I just saw your post from 2004 as I am looking for Charlie Seaver's sisters (Mae and Sadie). Charlie Harvey Seaver was my great-great grandfather. He was the son of Joseph Seaver and Matilda or Martha Rush Frey (of the Dr. Benjamin Rush family). He was born I think in Illinois and raised his children (all daughters)in Missouri and Oklahoma. Don't know if you have any writing on the back of the photo but the timing would be right. His 1st daughter born in 1898ish. I'd like to see the photo to see if it's him- I'd recognize him from the photos i have from my great-grandma.
Thanks, Leslie

Posted: 10 May 2011 1:56AM GMT
Hello, My name is Melissa Seaver and I'm married to Jerry Seaver, Grandson of Charley Seaver and Great Grandson of Rosa Seaver and Grand nephew of Jesse Seaver, would be interested in the photos you have, would be happy to pay for shipping
call (812)752-6611 or email sflatcreekfarm@aol.com

Thank You
Melissa Seaver

Posted: 10 May 2011 1:58AM GMT
These ones would be my husband Jerry's grandfather, great-grandmother and great Uncle

Melissa Seaver
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions