Search for content in message boards

Spradlin

Spradlin

Vicky (View posts)
Posted: 15 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Spradlin, Smith
This is what I know about Rachael Smith Spradlin. She was born in 1831 in Whitley County, Kentucky and died before 1877. She married James Spradlin on January 08, 1855 in Whitley County, Ky. They had 2 children John Riley Spradlin born May 10, 1858 and Ambros M. Spradlin born April 10, 1860.

Her brother was Elijah Smith who married Sarah Elizabeth Butler. I think their parents were Henry and "Sindi" Smith. They may have had the following siblings: Ransom, Henry,
and James.

Do you know know anything about Vesta's children? I know who they married but don't know if they had children.

Vicky

According to the Whitley Co, Ky marriages page 53:
James Spradlin age 22 Rachel Smith age 24 married 1-8-1855 groom from Warren County, Tn and bride from Whitley County, KY

Marriages of Whitley County, KY page 519:
Rachel Smith age 24 to James Spradlin age 22 on Jan 8, 1855 Parents of Groom: John Spradlin / Peggy. John Spradlin (father) was the bondsman for them.

Births page 312: Spradlin, James and Rachael Smith: son, John Riley Spradlin born 10 May 1858 in Scott Co., Tenn; parents reside on Beaver Creek in Wayne County, Kentucky.

1860 Wayne County, Kentucky census: #1397
Spradlin, James 21 day labor KY

Rachel 20 housewife KY

John R. 3 KY

SPRADLIN

Edited: 22 Jun 2002 2:02PM GMT
Surnames: SMITH, BUTLER, MCALLISTER, FRAZIER, FLYOD, FINN, WOMACK, FRANKLIN, BURRIS
Hello,

I have Ambrose M. Spradlin(g) marrying a Vesta Ann(Smith)on Dec.25,1877 in Adair county. Ambrose's father was a James Spradlin(g), and his mother a Rachal(Smith). In the 1900 census, Vesta states that she is the mother of 9, (4 living).

I show Emma (who may of married a ?? Burris)

John L.(who married a Laurie B. ??)

Ada B.(who married a Alfred A. MCallister)

Josiah

and a Nannie.

I'm needing info on James's wife, Rachal. She is the sister of a Elijah Smith who was appointed quardian of Ambrose when he married Vesta. Can't find her parents names.
Email me. Thanks.

Spradlin

Vicky (View posts)
Surnames: Spradlin, Knight
Looking for Spradlin's who lived in this area.

Josiah L. Spradlin born November 1892 in Adair County, KY and died July 13, 1932 in Casey County, KY. Parents: Ambros M.Spradlin

(born April 10, 1860 and died April 13, 1918)and Vesta Ann Smith (born February 10, 1865 and died January 30, 1917).

Josiah's married Esther E. Knight in 1911 in Adair County. She was raised by the Andrew Wilson family in Russell County.

Josiah's siblings were Emma (Luther B. Burris), John(Laura Martin), Ada (Alford A. McAllister), and Nannie (Edward Bell). Sound

familiar? Vicky

Re: Spradlin

Posted: 18 Aug 2001 11:33PM GMT
Hi there, you have all the spradling info very close to actualities, except there is a couple of other possibilities regarding the marriage of James Spradling and Rachel Smith. All the Smith information is wrong however. Contact me if you want the information that I have .

Re: SPRADLIN

Marlene (View posts)
Posted: 26 Nov 2001 4:38AM GMT
My grandfather was Granville Smith, married Rosina Wooten. He had a sister Mary and a sister Cordelia (Cordie). They lived in Columbia, Kentucky. Is there any relation?

Re: SPRADLIN

Posted: 27 Nov 2001 12:17AM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2002 2:02PM GMT
I don't recognize those names in my research at the time. I only know of Elijah and Rachel Smith. If I come across anything I will get in touch with you. Thanks.

Posted: 19 Feb 2008 2:44AM GMT
Surnames: Smith
I am looking for ancestors of James Washington Smith born 1843 in Kentucky and died in 1921 in Oneida, Tennesee. He was the youngest of ten children with eight brothers and one sister. Do you have any information on Rachel Smith that may show he was her brother. His father was henry Smith from Kentucky and his mothers name in not clear on his death certificate.

Posted: 7 Mar 2008 3:15PM GMT
Surnames: Smith, Butler, Spradling, Lane, McAllister, Gowen, Patton
You did not sign your name so I will just say hello Oconnor. Please contact me via email mfair@kc.rr.com to share and discuss the Smiths and Spradlings of Adair Co. Ky. I can give you lots of info on Rachel Smith and her brother Elijah Smith or Ambrose and Vesta A. Smith Spradling. I would like to have any info on your James W. Smith you have. Thanks Marilyn M Fair
Posted: 20 Jul 2011 9:02PM GMT
Surnames: Smith, Spradlin
Was Rachel Smith's father Henry Smith? I have a Rachel Smith connected with the Spradlin family in my files that I am a descendant from that family. Would love to know more about them.

Posted: 20 Jul 2011 9:49PM GMT
I don't think so. Henry Smith born circa 1800 had one daughter who was born prior to 1844. She would have been born in Whitley, Wayne County Kentucky. Sorry.
Bill Smith
per page

Find a board about a specific topic