Search for content in message boards

Norwegian Lutheran Church in Chippewa?

Norwegian Lutheran Church in Chippewa?

Posted: 24 May 2012 11:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Thompson, Billock, Hanson, Brown
I have an obit that states," the funeral will be held at the Norwegian Lutheran Church, Rev. Lea officiating." This is from 1918 in Chippewa Falls. Can anyone help me identify where this church is or was located, and if it has a cemetery attached?

Re: Norwegian Lutheran Church in Chippewa?

Posted: 29 May 2012 6:44PM GMT
Edited: 29 May 2012 6:44PM GMT
I believe it's now called Central Lutheran Church in Chippewa Falls. No is does not have a cemetery attached. Most likely if they were Norwegian they are buried at Forest Hills as I have found with my Norwegian relatives in that time period.
Cindy

Posted: 1 Jun 2012 4:31PM GMT
My husband's Norwegian relatives are buried in Big Drywood Cemetary near Cadott, WI which is not very far from Chippewa Falls. Some in that timefram.

Posted: 2 Jun 2012 6:32PM GMT
Thank you for your suggestion, I sincerely appreciate your help!

Posted: 2 Jun 2012 6:34PM GMT
Thank you for you help! I was hoping to find online records but will check it out at the historical society. It's so nice to have people help out, when in need.

Posted: 27 Sep 2012 8:23PM GMT
Just read your posting for Chippewa County. I am a member of Big Drywood and the cemetery is just out side of the church. Although you may want to check out English Lutheran which has a Chippewa mailing address. Big Drywood and English were a 2 point church Joyce at one time with the same pastor which was Rev. Lea. The cemetery Bateman, is just across the road on county X. It has it's own web site. Big Drywood also has it's own web site. Hope this helps and you find what you are looking for. If I can help just ask! Joyce

Posted: 28 Sep 2012 3:27PM GMT
Surnames: Thompson Billock Hanson Brown
Joyce, Thanks so much for sharing. The history is interesting and I will check out Big Drywood.I have done a walk through on English Lutheran and found some very interesting old stones there. I will keep you in mind and appreciate your offer. I have family still yet to be found.
Sue
per page

Find a board about a specific topic