Search for content in message boards

Fords in Ohio (Greene County)

Fords in Ohio (Greene County)

Phil Stivers (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jan 2001 1:21PM GMT
Does anyone out there have any info on this branch?

Ford's in Ohio

Mindi Ford (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jan 2001 5:24PM GMT
When my family founded Waterford, Ohio in the late 1700's they multiplied and moved on to found many other towns across OH and westward....do you have any names or dates that could help

Mindi Ford

Ohio Fords

Posted: 17 Jan 2001 2:40PM GMT
As far as I know all my relatives were here in Greene County. I can only go back as far as my great-grandfather. His name was Chauncy Ford and my grandfather was James Earl Ford. I have just started on my mothers side so these are the only names I have, all lived in Greene County eather in Xenia or Jamestown.

Hello cousin!

Mindi Ford (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jan 2001 6:41PM GMT
If your Chauncey is my Chauncey then...Chauncey D. Ford is one of the sons from William Ford and Catherine (Truman). The William Ford who founded Waterford, OH. Chauncey was born on 07 Aug 1780 West Avon Church, Farmington Co., Hartford, CT. He died around 1845 in Newton Twp., Muskingum Co., OH. Are we in the same time frame or am I too early in your history. I bet we can make another connection....how many Chauney Fords could there possibly be? e me if you want at mindimoo77@yahoo.com. If we fit I have more info than you can handle...lol...If we fit we are of Irish decent.

Ford

pinx (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jan 2001 10:17PM GMT
What is the middle name of your Chauncy D. Ford?

Ford's in Ohio

Mindi Ford (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jan 2001 6:41PM GMT
Off the top of my head I'm not certain. I probably have it in my files...it is a bit of a challenge for me to find middle names. Why do you ask? Do you have one in your family? Let me know...

Mindi Ford

Ford

Pinx (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jan 2001 11:32PM GMT
My great grandfather was Dempsey Uriah Ford, his father was Uriah E. Ford. Uriah and Dempsey were favorite names for the men in our Fords it seems. It was said that The elder Uriah was from Hickum Ohio. Someone on the net said there was a Hickman Ohio, but they did not find a Hickum.

You may email me at Pinx40@aol.com

Fords from Ohio

Pam Hider Clark (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jan 2001 8:06AM GMT
Phil - If West Salem is in Green county I might be able to shed some light. I am not from there so not familiar with the couties. I have a good history of a Alona Lovisa Ford and John Glover Ford both from West Salem Ohio in the 1800 and 1900's. Let me know if this is of any help.

Fords

Posted: 28 Jan 2001 8:26AM GMT
Pam there is no town of that name in Greene County. Thanks anyway,I had no idea there were so many Fords in Ohio that aren't related.

Chauncy Ford

Posted: 28 Jan 2001 8:31AM GMT
Mindi, that name must have been very popular in the old days. I fear we have two different ones here. We are probably cousins some where down the line. If not honorary cousins anyway. Phil
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions