Search for content in message boards

Still trying to solve mystery

Still trying to solve mystery

Paula (View posts)
Posted: 4 Feb 2005 5:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am still trying to solve the mystery of Annie Kasten Pangier. She married George Pangier in Sheboygan on June 30, 1906. On June 7, 1907 she gave birth to Elmer Pangier. I loose all track of her at this point.

I have been told two stories about her. The first is that her husband George shot her shortly after Elmer's birth. however, there is no death record of this or any death record for an Annie Pangier.

The second story is that she ran off or was kidnapped by Native Americans. I have not been able to find any news articles that would confirm this story either.

If George Pangier did shoot her...wouldn't he have had to do some time for this?? Can anyone suggest a place where I can write to see if he had committed the crime?

George Pangier did remarry by 1915....but he did not take care or live with his son Elmer. Apparently he went to live with an uncle and he never did know his father or mother.

The one thing I haven't checked out is whether George and Annie were divoriced. If they did, wouldn't one or the other stick around to care for Elmer?

Any thoughts or suggestion would be wonderful...I have been stuck trying to solve this mystery for 5 years.

Paula

Re: Still trying to solve mystery

Posted: 4 Feb 2005 6:13PM GMT
Hi Paula,

I was able to find Elmer in the 1910 census. Maybe you already have this, but he was living with August and Mathilda Kasten in Maine, Marathon Co. Wi. He is listed as George Panger age 2. It says he is a neice, which obviously was wrong. I was looking at some of your other posts and trees, and it seems like this would be the right boy living with his grandparents. I have several instances in my own research where a grandchild was listed as neice or nephew in that time frame. I hope that this helps.

Bobbi

Re: Still trying to solve mystery

Paula (View posts)
Posted: 7 Feb 2005 1:49AM GMT
This is wonderful. I haven't found him at all in any of the census's.

I did find a copy of Annie's mother obituary from 1935 and it states that Annie has preceeded he in death. And if I remember right, Elmer's father, George, was living with his parents in the Sheboygan...no Annie listed.

The one thing I noticed in the obituary of Annie's mother is that it listed Mr. and Mrs. George Panger were out of town guest attending. If he did kill Annie...I don't think he would have attended the funeral.

Thanks for the input everyone. Still would appreciate the feedback.

Paula
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions