Search for content in message boards

William Tulley Fogarty death record

William Tulley Fogarty death record

Posted: 3 Mar 2014 5:13AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Fogarty Johnson
I was wondering how to go about locating a death record for Salt Lake city, if I don't have a date. William Tulley Fogarty was born September 14, 1889 in Dubuque, Dubuque County, Iowa. The 1910 Fed. census has him living in Seattle Washington. He married his first wife there in 1913. She died about a year later. His WWI draft registration has him living in Salt Lake City, Utah. I find him listed in a 1917 Salt Lake City city directory as a dishwasher. May 23, 1918 he marries Fay Johnson in Salt Lake City. I cannot find him or his wife after that. Are there any death indexes that can be looked at without a death date. Thanks.

Re: William Tulley Fogarty death record

Posted: 13 Mar 2014 5:38AM GMT
I checked the Utah Death Index which goes up to 1961. State law makes the records public after 50 years. There was a William Paul Fogarty. I also checked the cemetery database. There was nothing there. I will call Salt Lake County and see where they have their records stored. At one time you could obtain the application for a marriage license that might have more information about Fay. They seem to have vanished.

Re: William Tulley Fogarty death record

Posted: 14 Mar 2014 7:46AM GMT
Thanks for your reply. I have been looking everywhere for them to no avail. It is hard because I have no idea when they might have died. Nor where I guess. The last family knew of him he was married (To his first wife.) and living in Seattle. Apparently he left Seattle after his first wife died and never looked back. Never contacting his siblings (in Iowa and elsewhere) or his daughter (in Seattle) ever again. I appreciate your help very much.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic