Search for content in message boards

KLUKAS descendants

KLUKAS descendants

Posted: 6 Jul 2010 9:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Klukas, Wojciechowski
My great grandmother Antonina Wojciechowski got married to Friedrich (Gottfried) Klukas in 1863. They had five children: Michael, Ernstine Wilhelmine, Ottilia, Rosalia and Johanna born between 1863 and 1876. The family lived in Samotschin (Szamocin) which belonged to the Province of Poznen in Prussia (nowadays Poland).

I've long been wondering what happened to their descendants and it looks as if Michael Klukas (b. 1863) had a son that emigrated to the US. This is what I found on the Ellisisland.org website:

First Name: Otto
Last Name: Klukas
Ethnicity: German
Last Place of Residence: Hammermuehle, Germany
Date of Arrival: May 06, 1911
Age at Arrival: 25y Gender: M Marital Status: S
Ship of Travel: Amerika
Port of Departure: Hamburg
Manifest Line Number: 0029

Hammermuehle is a part of Szamocin.

This is what I found out from Ancestry.com and Familysearch.org:
Full name: Otto Bernard(t) Klukas
Wife's name: Augusta
Residence: Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Marinette Wisconsin (1930 census)
At least one son: Otto Klukas jun. (might be b. 17 Jan 1919, d. 11 Dec 2000; Clintonville, Waupaca, Wisconsin)

I have no specific reason to search for their descendants, except that it would be fun to know what has become of that part of the family. Don't hesitate to contact me, if you have information for me or would like to know more.

Best regards,
Simone

Re: KLUKAS descendants

Posted: 24 Oct 2011 3:17PM GMT
There was a Otto Klukas i think that lived in Vandalia Illinois

Posted: 24 Dec 2012 5:55PM GMT
I knew of an Otto, Adolph and Carl, who were brothers. that lived in Marinette Co. area I presently know very well Carls Son living in Crivitz

Posted: 25 Dec 2012 4:10AM GMT
Thank you for your reply, linjonbe35. Would you mind to ask, if Carl's son is interested in getting in touch with me and exchange more information? I could provide scans of the church records for the people I mentioned earlier in my thread.

My private e-mail address is zimba123 [at] web.de (without the spaces and with a proper "at", of course).

Best regards,
Simone
per page

Find a board about a specific topic