Search for content in message boards

Parishes of Gräsmark, Mangskog & Gunnarskog in Värmland

Parishes of Gräsmark, Mangskog & Gunnarskog in Värmland

Stan Danielson (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Would like to make contact with anyone having roots in the parishes of Gräsmark, Mangskog, Gunnarskog or Fryksände in the county of Värmland. Share information about ancestors.

Grasmark, Varmland

Posted: 6 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 14 Jul 2005 12:07AM GMT
Surnames: FRYKSTROM
My greatgrandfather was born in Grasmark, Varmland, Sweden. His name was Eric (Ericcson) Frykstrom. He was born Sept 18, 1829 and immigrated to the states in 1865 eventually settling in Cokoto, Wright Co., MN. He was married to Mathilda Katrina Persdotter, born August 21, 1826 in Han, Sunne, Varmland, Sweden.
Four children were born in Grasmark, Varmland, Sweden.

Gäsmark,Mangskog Värmland

Posted: 12 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 18 Feb 2003 6:52PM GMT
Surnames: Mattsson, Andersson, Nilsson
Have roots in Gräsmark and Mangskog as well as other parishes Mattsson, Andersson and Nilsson being the main line
of names

relatives from Varmland

Posted: 13 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jul 2001 11:06AM GMT
Surnames: Johnson, Nelson
I have been trying to find out more about Varmland, Sweden and it appears that I have been looking for the wrong thing. I was under the impression Varmland was a village but from what you have posted I have to assume it is a county. If this is true, I would like more information on the general area if you have any.
My g.grandparents [Katharine Johnson & John Nelson] immigrated to America in 1881 and settled in southern Colorado where I still have relatives. Any information I can get on Varmland or Norland would be greatly appreciated.

Looking for relatives in Sweden

Laurie Dodson (View posts)
Posted: 5 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Parson, Pehrson, Svenson, Swanson, Nilsson, Nelson
My grandfather, Nils Parson,(may have been Pehrson or Pehrsson) was from Grasmark, Varmland Sweden. He emigrated to Seattle, Washington in May of 1916. He changed his name to Nils David Nilsson and ended up with Nels David Nelson. He met my grandma, Klara Svenson, who was born in Perstorp, Skane Sweden. She changed her name to Clara Swanson. Grandma came to Seattle on Dec. 25, 1916.

Re: Parishes of Gräsmark, Mangskog & Gunnarskog in Värmland

Posted: 20 Aug 2001 1:34AM GMT
Edited: 10 Oct 2001 3:22AM GMT
Surnames: Hag, Gillblad, Person Magnusson
I have ties to Gunnarskog. In 1822 Per Hag and Anna Persdotter gave birth to Magnus, a relative. The name Gillblad and Hag and Person appear with Magnus in later life. Anyone else working on this line?

Re: Looking for relatives in Sweden

Posted: 27 Nov 2002 11:39PM GMT
Hello,

Do you know if your Nils Pehrson had a brother.

I'm looking for info on a Peter Pehrson from Sweden b.1867 who changed his name to Peter Nelson and married Mar 2,1904 to Florence Isabelle Herboldsheimer b.Oct 31,1885 Nebraska.

Peters mother name was Elna Pehrson and was buried in Nebraska.

Peter also had a brother named Nils Pehrson.

I have info from when they came to the States but nothing before.

Margaret-honeybo68@msn.com

Re: Parishes of Gräsmark, Mangskog & Gunnarskog in Värmland

Posted: 21 Oct 2009 12:15AM GMT
My current email address is standaniel@comcast.net if you would like to contact me.
Stan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions