Search for content in message boards

Village of Hudson, KY

Village of Hudson, KY

Posted: 9 May 2001 6:01AM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 12:44PM GMT
Was the Village of Hudson, Breckinridge County, KY, named after the Hudson families that lived there in the middle of the 19th Century?

Re: Village of Hudson, KY

Posted: 23 Jun 2001 10:40PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jan 2002 4:45AM GMT
Yes, it was. I am a descendant of Joseph Hudson of Breckinridge County KY. I have been researching other branches of my family & have just recently started looking into Joseph. I am certain that Hudson (which still exists) is named for the Hudsons that settled that area. An older distant cousin of mine who is now living in Dallas has done extensive research on the Hudsons and was accepted into the DAR with this line.

Posted: 23 Jun 2001 11:32PM GMT
Dana, thanks for your response to my earlier message about the town of Hudson in Breckinridge County, KY. I have learned since I posted that message that the town was named for Joseph Hudson and wife Hannah (Hall) Hudson.
Thanks to the most gracious and comprehensive message of John Hudson of the Hudson Family Asssociation, I learned that these Hudsons were from near Richmond, VA. Joseph's name was changed from Hutchison to Hudson. Joseph had another wife in VA who died afore he married Hannah. Also, there were children by the previous marriage. I am interested because one of Joseph's daughters, Deborah Hudson, b ca 1806, married a David Shelby, b 1792 in PA. This is my wife's line and I am unable to trace David Shelby. Should you see where and when David and Deborah (Hudson) Shelby were married, please contact me. Thanks again for your response.

Posted: 23 Jun 2001 11:35PM GMT
Dana, I meant to add that I would be interested in contacting your cousin in Dallas about his Hudson family research. Can you supply his e-mail address?

Dulce (View posts)
Posted: 20 Aug 2002 3:58AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HUDSON, HUTCHISON
I too am a descendant of that particular Joseph Hudson. He was my Great, Great, Great, Great Grandfather. I have just started researching this part of my family and would love to communicate with you. I haven't been able to go beyond Joseph's father William Hutchison (Joseph changed his name to Hudson.) I have looked for this town on maps... could you give me an approximate location?? That might help me locate it.

Thanks!

Posted: 20 Aug 2002 4:53AM GMT
Edited: 13 Dec 2003 12:11PM GMT
Surnames: Hudson
Dulce: You can find Hudson in Breckinridge County, Kentucky, in any good road Atlas. Find Rough River Lake and due east of it several miles is Hudson. Hudson is not far from the western boundary of Hardin County, Kentucky. It is a very small village. Joseph Hudson is buried there but the cemetery is in very poor condition. His stone is intact and has a DAR marker upon it, as does his wife Hannaha's grave. I have considerable information about Jos. Hudson's family but am leaving my computer tomorrow for an extended family history research trip. I will not be available via my e-mail address until after November 1st, or so, 2002.

Posted: 20 Aug 2002 4:56AM GMT
Edited: 13 Dec 2003 12:11PM GMT
I should have proofed that last message to correct the typo to Hannah's name. But now, I can add that Hudson is on Breckinridge County Route 401.

Dulce (View posts)
Posted: 20 Aug 2002 1:55PM GMT
Surnames: HUDSON
Wow! That is an extended vacation! I would love to email with you when you return. If that sounds good to you ... my email address is DAPGoDucks@msn.com . Have fun on your vacation!

Posted: 9 Jul 2003 3:15AM GMT
Hello there,
If you want to go to go down to Hudson. From Elizabethtown
go down hwy 62 through Stephensburg. At hwy 84 turn right.
(the sign will say Hardin Springs 14 miles).
Stay on 84 and go through Hardin Springs. (This will seem like the never ending road).
There will be a little white church on the left named Pleasant Grove, keep going, once you go over the bridge and up the hill your in Hudson.
I was raised in Hardin Springs/ Hudson.
On your way down, there is a white farm house on the right, with a brick house on the left. there is also a Sawmill on the left. That white farm house was owned by Samuel Hudson, Clarance (Casey) Hudson and then Boyd Hudson.
All of the land from there down to the bridge belonged to the hudsons.
If you need anymore info, let me know, I have rubbings from the Hudson cemetery as well as from the Quiggins cemetery.

Dulce Phelps (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jul 2003 4:17AM GMT
Thanks so much for the response! My sister and I are planning a trip to Kentucky next year and this will be VERY helpful! I have some Samuel Hudson's in my tree... do you know approximately when the one you mentioned was born? It would be great if I knew for sure that they were relations when we are there looking around... although I am sure that more than likely they are. Thanks again for the info I really appreciate it!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic