Search for content in message boards

Capt. William Deaton

Capt. William Deaton

Posted: 27 Mar 2010 8:16AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Mar 2010 5:48AM GMT
Surnames: Deaton
From what I've seen and read and heard, there is a Capt. William Deaton who is a revolutionary war patriot. I've looked at the DAR website and did a search, but I can not find him. I've seen his patriot number before, but now I can not find it anywhere. Can someone find this (again) for me please? He was born in Virginia (1736)and died in North Carolina(1781). He was married to Sarah Jackson, and he was the son of Thomas Elijah Deaton Sr. Thank you thank you!

Re: Capt. William Deaton

Posted: 27 Mar 2010 1:43PM GMT
There is no William Deaton listed in the DAR Patriot Index.
There is a Joseph Deaton abt 1762-post 1810 listed and he lived in Mont. Co.NC.
You might want to send for his application paper to see what it has on it.
It will cost you $10 to get a copy of a proven DAR paper.
Send to: www.dar.org/library/online.research.cfm

Glenda Thompson

Posted: 24 Jan 2011 9:34PM GMT
He was in the Tory Militia in North Carolina. Died Sept 13, 1781 at the Battle of Cane Creek (Lindley's Mill). Served under Captain Fanning

Posted: 1 May 2012 3:09AM GMT
Hi, I am a descendant of Capt. Deaton. In my research, I have found Capt. Deaton was on the Tory/British side of the Revolutionary War, not the American side. As such I don't think the DAR would have any records on Capt. Deaton.

Regards.

Posted: 14 Apr 2013 6:49PM GMT
Yep. Type in his name on a search and you can find out a lot about him being Tory.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions