Search for content in message boards

keller

Posted: 28 Mar 2008 5:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
i have copy of a will of comfort arnold keller who died in 1828. she was married to george keller who died in 1826. in the will she lists her children narcissa, james, putnam, and mathilda, all with the last name arnold. i assume she was george keller's second wife as his first wife was sarah hedges. the only last name i have for her is arnold. does anyone know her maiden name and who she was married to? she is listed in the 1820 census as comfort arnold, and having property which i assume was left to her by her late husband. a george keller's father was martin who lived around the 1600s.the 1st george keller over here settled in virginia. im pretty sure this george was in the revolutionary warand receiving land in virginia for having been in that war. last name has also been spelled kellar. a george keller is in military records at ancestry. keller also has been spelled kellar. one george keller was in george washington's militia in fredricksburg, VA. a distant keller relative said thata son of another keller had a sword or something like that from this george being in the war. would appreciate info and will share mine.
Posted: 1 Aug 2008 8:32PM GMT
Surnames: ARNOLD HAINES
Hello. Putnam Arnold and I are related. He is my great, great, great, great, grandfather. I know his wife's name was Sarah Haines and they are both buried in Crabapple Cemetery near Uniontown, Ohio.

Your post provides the best clue I have found for finding Putnam Arnold's parents. Do you have a scanned copy of the will? Is it in her (Comfort's) handwriting?

Posted: 2 Sep 2012 12:40AM GMT
Surnames: Conwell Arnold
Comfort Keller's maiden name is Conwell. Her father was William M Conwell (1746-1820), fought in the Revolutionary War (Westmoreland Company Rangers). Her mother's name was Comfort Coulter (1748-1827).

Her first husband was James Arnold (1773-1811). Comfort Conwell's second husband was George Keller.

Re: keller

Posted: 2 Sep 2012 9:57PM GMT
i put some info at my READY site about comfort's
family. did you see hers & george keller's wills
i also put there?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic