Search for content in message boards

Howard Lee Camp (1893---

Howard Lee Camp (1893---

Posted: 20 Jul 2008 1:56AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Camp, Casey and Adams
I am working on the Nathan Christopher Columbus Camp and Lucy Arleen Adams Camp geneology. NC Camp had a son named Howard Lee Camp, who served in World War I, and also played professional baseball for the New York Yankees. He married Margaret Casey, and the info I have says they adopted three children. He was supposedly buried in Munford, Alabama and then moved to Marshall County, Alabama. I can find no record of his burial in Marshall County. I did find him in the 1930 Blount County, Alabama Census with one son Howard C. Camp, born about 1925. He at one time umpired professional baseball games, and also managed some for the Yankees. It must have been a minor league team, because he is not listed as a manager for the Yankees at any time. If anyone knows anything about this man please contact me.

Re: Howard Lee Camp (1893---

Posted: 2 Feb 2009 4:51PM GMT
Connie, I read the Munford Weekly every week and see your column. I graduated in 1956. I married Joseph Lee Camp who was the youngest son of Howard Lee Camp. He died in 1999. Howard also had a daughter Ruth Smith who is also deceased. I am interested in having a copy of the Camp geneology. I remember your father and of course I went to school with most of the Camps and their relatives. Martha

Posted: 2 Feb 2009 6:16PM GMT
Surnames: Camp
Well, I have several questions: 1.Where is Howard Lee Camp buried? 2.What was his wife's maiden name? 3.Where is she buried? 4.What is your complete name? 5.Do you have children or grandchildren so I can update that information. 6.Who did Ruth Camp marry? 7.Where are Joseph Lee Camp and Ruth Camp buried?

Posted: 9 Jan 2013 6:14PM GMT
Howard C (Casey) Camp is my uncle. He is still alive and living in Gurley, AL. He is a retired Air Force Colonel.
He married my mom's sister, Edith Carroll and they had two daughters, Susan Camp and Tracey Camp.

Posted: 9 Jan 2013 9:34PM GMT
Thanks for the information; but, this isn't the same man.

Posted: 10 Jan 2013 12:40PM GMT
Howard Casey Camp IS the son of Margaret (she was called Peggy) Camp and his dad WAS a baseball umpire for the Yankees.

Posted: 10 Jan 2013 1:36PM GMT
This is probably his son. Thanks for the information. Does he know where his father is buried? Does he know he has many relatives who would sure like to know him living in Munford, Alabama?

Posted: 10 Jan 2013 1:45PM GMT
I am sure it is his son. Needless to say, I have known him my whole life, along with his mom, Peggy, before she died. His dad died before I was born. I will send a note to him re: Munford relatives. He has Alzheimers now and I am not sure how bad it is. His wife, however, is fine. I have their address and phone number if you are interested. He also wrote a self published book called Campfire, which I have at home. I will look tonight and get anymore info I can for you. It is an autobiography. He went to Boaz High school, so his family was living there in the 40;'s. I have yearbooks belonging to his first wife, my aunt Edith (deceased), which have numerous pictures of Howard.

Posted: 10 Jan 2013 1:49PM GMT
Also, MY mom is still alive and she probably knows where Uncle Howard's dad is buried. I will call her today and get back to you.

Posted: 10 Jan 2013 3:14PM GMT
Buried at Hillcrest Cemetery in Boaz (Marshall County)
Howard L Camp
Birth: Jul. 1, 1893
Death: May 8, 1960

per page

Find a board about a specific topic