Search for content in message boards

AUGUSTA M. ADAMS

AUGUSTA M. ADAMS

Joyce Wafford (View posts)
Posted: 22 Mar 2003 5:56AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: ADAMS
I have an AUGUSTA M. ADAMS, who is buried in the Hamilton Cemetery in Wentworth County, Ontario.

I am not sure of her date of death or burial. I am trying to find out if by chance, it is actually my brother in law's Grandmother. I am trying to help him and my sister with his side of the family.

Our MARY AUGUSTA (APPLEBEE) was born Abt. 1854, in New York. (I have seen her name as Mary Augusta Adams, as Augusta Mary, Adams, and as Augusta M. Adams). She married ANSON ABYRAM ADAMS on February 24, 1879, in Hamilton, Van Buren County, Michigan. They moved to Alaksa during the Gold Rush. I found them there on the Census Records for 1901. From there, they seemed to have disappeared. Since my Anson Abyram Adams was 37 years older than his wife, Augusta, (he was born in 1817) I am fairly sure that she was widowed shortly after the 1901 Census was taken. I doubt that she stayed in Alaska.

If there is anyone in or around Hamilton, Wentworth County,
Ontario, Canada, that may be able to help me with a lookup for this lady, I would greatly appreciate it. I live in Brookings, Oregon and it would be impossible for me to get to Ontario.

Thank you and God Bless.
Joyce

Re: AUGUSTA M. ADAMS

Sarah (View posts)
Posted: 23 Apr 2004 2:13PM GMT
Hello don't know if your still looking but I maybe can help you my last name is Adams as well maybe we are related somewhere down the line. And if not maybe I can still help you let me know what it is your looking for

Joyce Wafford (View posts)
Posted: 23 Apr 2004 5:08PM GMT
Surnames: ADAMS
Hi Sarah,

Thank you for answering my message. I have found my Augusta M. Adams. She died in Port Orchard, Washington in 1907. If you think you may be related, please feel free to email me at: jdwafford@charter.net.

Thank you,
Joyce

sarah (View posts)
Posted: 23 Apr 2004 7:08PM GMT
sorry no we aren't most of my family lived here in canada only one family memeber that I know of lived in the states and he lived in Rochester New York where he died at his job thanks anyways I am glad that you found the info you needed if you like we can just email each other share experience in our search for our family roots if you like let me know

Posted: 24 Feb 2013 5:06PM GMT
Surnames: Adams
Perhaps you have found your answer about this already but Augusta Minerva Adams who is buried in the Hamilton cemetery was never married. She died in 1912.

Posted: 20 Mar 2013 3:31PM GMT
Hi,

I'm interested in Augusta Minerva Adams. Was she previously in Morley, Alberta, and sister of Mary Electa Adams? I understand this Augusta had a son. I haven't been able to locate a death date for her.

If this sounds familiar, can you contact me at ceww@sfu.ca

Thanks,
Linnea McNally
The Canadian Writing Research Collaboratory

Posted: 20 Mar 2013 5:17PM GMT
I've discovered it was a nephew, and not a son.

Also, which cemetery was it exactly, do you know? I believe her mother, Maria (Hubbard) Adams, was likely also buried in Hamilton, and I'm trying to find the data.

Thanks,
Linnea

Posted: 20 Mar 2013 5:38PM GMT
Yes, the genealogy society in Hamilton will send cemetery records. The Adams family is all there, buried together (Maria Hubbard, husband and their children) Lucius, the nephew that you might be referring to- is buried at Mount Pleasant in Toronto with all of his siblings (the children of Augusta's sister Emmeline)
What is your interest in this family? Augusta lived in Alberta for many years with Lucius. There are Alberta Homestead records for Augusta and Lucius.

Posted: 20 Mar 2013 5:40PM GMT
Hello,

I work with The Canadian Writing Research Collaboratory. We are updating our online databases (currently housed at Simon Fraser University) so that our records also reflect information about Mary Electa Adams's family.

Please feel free to contact me at ceww@sfu.ca which will give us more opportunity to converse.

Best,
Linnea
per page

Find a board about a specific topic