Search for content in message boards

Hamners of Tuscaloosa

Hamners of Tuscaloosa

Posted: 30 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Apr 2004 10:59AM GMT
Surnames: Hamner, McQuire, McGuire
Would like information on James Hamner and Mahaly McQuire or McGuire, married 11 Sept 1847. Names of children: Andrew Bascom; Nancy Elizabeth (Betty); James W.; Amanda Caroline; Edward Francis (Frank); Thomas M. (Mack), all from Tuscaloosa County, AL.

Any help appreciated.

Maggie (1871) dau of Rev. John Dee Hamner & Mary Wiley

Posted: 15 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 14 Sep 2001 4:01AM GMT
Surnames: Hamner, Wiley, Strickland

I don't have anything on the Hamners you have posted.
I was wondering if you have anything on a Rev. John Dee Hamner of Tuscaloosa? He married a Mary Wiley. They had a daughter named Maggie (1871) that married Will Strickland(1874). John and Mary are my gggrandparents.

John D. Hamner

Posted: 19 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Hamner, Glover, Gibbs
Tuscaloosa Co., AL

John D. Hamner, son of Daniel Gaines Hamner and Evaline (or Emmaline) Glover was born in 1847 in AL. The 1860 AL census lists the following:

Census Year: 1860
Microfilm # M653-25
State: AL
County: Tuscaloosa
Enumerator: R. A. Gibbs
______
Is this "your" John D. Hamner?

None of the Hamners on your list are familiar

Posted: 30 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Hamner
Tuscaloosa Co., AL

None of the Hamners on your list are familiar, either. I'm sure there is a convergence somewhere if we keep looking!

Lewis Appling married Susannah Bullock Hamner.

Posted: 19 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 21 Jan 2002 6:57AM GMT
Surnames: Jenkins, Appling, Hamner, Strange
Like you guys, I don't have anything on Hamner, but do know that Lewis Appling married Susannah Bullock Hamner.
and that their daughter was Elizabeth M. Appling who married Alfred Jenkins in Tuscaloosa Co. Alabama. Susannah's mother was Mary Elizabeth Hamner Strange and her father was Joel Appling. Could we be connecting somewhere here? Could my Mary Elizabeth Hamner be related somehow to the Hamner you seek ? Joyce

have information on the Hamner family

Posted: 30 Jun 2002 1:19AM GMT
Edited: 3 Jul 2002 1:49PM GMT
My new e-mail address is annr1948@charter.net. I believe I have information on the Hamner family. I'll check and see if it's the right one.

Re: Maggie (1871) dau of Rev. John Dee Hamner & Mary Wiley

Posted: 6 Jul 2008 6:15PM GMT
Hello. I am late in getting into Hamner Family research. John Dee (Daniel, as a Marlow cousin informed me)Hamner and Mary Wiley are my g-grandparents. Maggie had a brother, Daniel Wiley Hamner, my grandfather, who married Ida Adel Hodo. Can you give me any info on Mary Wiley? Daniel A. Hamner, hamners@optonline.net. Thanks

Re: Hamners of Tuscaloosa

Posted: 27 Jul 2008 5:00PM GMT
James M. Hamner, son of Turner Hamner, Jr., and Martha "Betsy" Cooper was born Aug 11, 1823 in Tuscaloosa Co., AL and died Dec. 28, 1918 in the Mitchell Community (Elrod), Tuscaloosa Co., AL.
He married Mahalay McGuire - b. Mar. 13, 1827 in SC; d. July 30, 1914 in Mitchell Community (Elrod).

This information is from the book Hamner Heritage by Black and Ryan.

Re: Maggie (1871) dau of Rev. John Dee Hamner & Mary Wiley

Posted: 27 Jul 2008 5:21PM GMT
In the "Hamner Heritage" book by Black and Ryan:

John Dee Hamner - b. Apr. 2, 1847 in Tuscaloosa Co., AL
d. Jan. 11, 1927 in Tuscaloosa Co., AL

He was the son of Lucy E. Hamner - b. Apr 7, 1819 in Oglethorpe Co., GA - died Oct. 1904 in Tucaloosa Co., AL.
Lucy E. Hamner is buried at Calcedonia Cemetery at Buhl, Tuscaloosa Co., AL

John Dee Hamner married Mary Wiley - both are buried at Pate Cemetery, Buhl, Tuscaloosa Co., AL.

They had two children: Daniel Wiley Hamner and Maggie Hamner.

John Dee Hamner married Mary Ann Kelley. They had two children: John David Hamner and William Henry Hamner.

Re: Hamners of Tuscaloosa

Posted: 26 Jul 2011 6:48PM GMT
Have you heard any details on the native american heritage of the Hamners? Mahala is a native name meaning teacher.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions