Search for content in message boards

Dardenne's and Sigler's in Iberville Parish

Dardenne's and Sigler's in Iberville Parish

Mary Lee Edwards (View posts)
Posted: 11 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dardenne, Sigler, Robichaux, Grimmer, Worsham, Mallain
Does any one know these names and how I might research past 1860 backwards? Also does "Home Terrace" location ring a bell? I can find very little past 1860 on these relatives. Any help will be greatly appreciated as I have tries for 12 years and now drawn a dead-end. (Iberville )Sincerely mle_77065@yahoo.com

Worsham, DeVillier, Sigler

Judy Riffel (View posts)
Posted: 12 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
I have traced all the known descendants of Henry Worsham (1796-1859) and his wife, Hyacinthe Armide DeVillier (1801-1877). Their daughter Elizabeth Worsham married Hiram Sigler and they had 13 children. If you let me know from which child you descend, I can help you.

Iberville Parish

Rachelle Brown (View posts)
Posted: 12 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: DARDENNE, KLEINPETER, BROWN, CROPPER
Take a look through this list of generations for a branch of the Dardenne family and the connections. I am researching the Brown side. I have quite a bit on the Kleinpeter family as well. I found that the Brown family lived on the East side of the Mississippi in Iberville parish rather than in the city of Plaquemine and west of the river. I think it was because of the farm land available....just my opinion though.

Rachelle Brown
Descendants of Louis Charles Dardenne

1 Louis Charles Dardenne
.. +Elizabeth Langlois 2 Caroline Theresa Dardenne +Jacob Brown b: 1791 in Tennessee m: June 14, 1819 in SGA 14, 171

d: 1821 in Hunting accident killed by Asa Conner

3 Jacob Brown, Jr.

b: December 17, 1819 Baptism: April 23, 1820 d: 1840 in Hunting accident

*2nd Spouse of Caroline Theresa Dardenne: +Joseph Kleinpeter b: September 17, 1798 m: June 11, 1822 d: WFT Est. 1828-1889

3 Caroline Matilda Kleinpeter +Thomas Nathaniel Cropper

b: January 13, 1819 in Iberville, LA d: July 17, 1847 in Iberville, LA

Grimmer Surname

Jo Ann Wright (View posts)
Posted: 13 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Fortune, Grimmer, Kraszewski, Krazewski, Poetzch, Redmond, Tyszka, Wright
Could you give some information on your Grimmer surname research? I am researching the lineage of August GRIMMER [b. 10/30/1830 Leipzig, Germany] through his son Herman Louis GRIMMER [b. 1867/8 Ger-d. abt. 1920 NY]. He md. Johanna M. POETZCH. They had one son, Herman, in Germany and then seven more in Dolgeville, Manheim Twp, Herkimer Co, NY [Alfred L., Emil, (K)Carl, Anna M., Richard, Fritz (Frederick), & Paul].

Does any of this information look familiar?

grimmer/sigler

Posted: 19 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jul 2001 8:15PM GMT
Surnames: grimmer, sigler
In response to Mary Lee Edwards in Iberville Parish, Louisiana, I have both Grimmers and Siglers as relatives. Please see my site on Ancestry.com. If you would like to write back to me, my address is staciegrimmer@hotmail.com.

Im a Grimmer yay

jason grimmer (View posts)
Posted: 3 Sep 2001 10:28AM GMT
Surnames: grimmer
hi im from new zealand and well, yeah. we got a whole clan over here. well yeah bye

Re: Im a Grimmer yay

Posted: 24 Sep 2001 8:22PM GMT
Edited: 14 Nov 2003 8:19AM GMT
Surnames: grimmer
i am a uncle of jason's we are decendants of nathan grimmer who was born 5/28/1780 at lower baxter st bury saint edmonds in the UK one of his son's John grimmer imigrated to New Zealand via Rockie River New England New South Wales Austrailia

Re: Worsham, DeVillier, Sigler

Tommy Sigler (View posts)
Posted: 15 Sep 2003 9:46PM GMT
Looking for information on Hiram Sigler. Don't know much beyond him other then he was from a family of 13.

Mary Lee Edwards (View posts)
Posted: 19 Sep 2003 2:19PM GMT
Surnames: Worsham, Sigler, Devillier, Dardenne
What family of thirteen? Where was he from? Did he come into Louisiana from Pennsylvania? Could the spelling of SIGLER have been changed? Please give all known tidbits to the man.

Frank WITTY (View posts)
Posted: 1 Nov 2004 1:31AM GMT
My great-mother was Viola Sigler who's parents were Albert Sigler and Lydia MAILLAND.albert was a son of hiram sigler.any information on this family will be greatly appreciated.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic