Search for content in message boards

Lavonway family in MI

Lavonway family in MI

Posted: 3 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 1:52AM GMT
Surnames: Lavonway, Lavanway, Levanway, Taggart
Does anyone have knowledge of a Lavonway (may be spelled Lavanway or Levanway) family in Michigan during the late 1800's or early 1900's near Mt. Pleasant Mi. Looking for the family of a "Lottie." She was born in 1893 and married Albert Taggart in 1909 in Mt. Pleasant Michigan. A witness to her marriage was a Bertha Lavonway. Relatives may have moved to the Flint area in the 1900's.

Any info on this family would be appreciated.

Thanks, David A. Taggart

Re: Lavonway family in MI

Posted: 26 Nov 2001 7:06PM GMT
Edited: 19 Feb 2005 5:28AM GMT
Hello I too am researching levanways. My ggggrandmother wa a levanway her name was Emma Cora Levanway. Any how. I came across this information that I thought you might be interested in......
In the 1900 census of Michigan, Isabella county, chippewa township
Joseph Levanway: Head of household Born Feb 1828 Married 12 years 72 years of age He was born in Frace as were his parents. Come to america in 1839.. Occupation farmer.

Carlisha? Wife Born april 1861 mother of 4, 3 survive born in Michigan, parents born in New york and michigan
Bertha B daughter born sept. 1889 in Michigan
Lottie B Born 1894 IN Michigan

Hope this info helps........
Thanks
alethea

Posted: 27 Nov 2001 3:17AM GMT
Thank you very much for this information. This is the first solid lead I have had on this family. Thank you for taking the time in responding.

David Taggart

alethea (View posts)
Posted: 28 Nov 2001 8:16PM GMT
You are very welcome.... I have had such success with the message boards and people helping me.. I am glad that I could return the favor... If you would like I caould send you the stuff via email for your records....

Alethea
PS. Just email me and give me your address and I will be more than happy to do that.. Plus I will do a little other searching.....

Levanway family in the 1930 census

Posted: 25 May 2005 4:24AM GMT
Surnames: Levanway
In 1930 my grandmother would have been 2 and her name was Betty Jean Levanway, she had a sister named Elizabeth born in 1921 and their father, Louis was born in 1900 I believe. I would like to find out more about my family, they had a housekeeper named Pearl Stark and she had a son named Bert Walters, if you have any info on this family I would appreciate it. Tricia

Re: Levanway family in the 1930 census

Posted: 24 Nov 2012 2:21AM GMT
Surnames: Mullen
Betty and Elizabeth had a mother named Coletta Gladys Mullen. Coletta was my grandmother's cousin. You are related to me through her. I'd be interested in hearing what you know. Thanks, Janet Long in Michigan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic