Search for content in message boards

TRAYWICK Family

TRAYWICK Family

Posted: 24 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Jan 2002 6:01AM GMT
Surnames: TRAYWICK, SANDERS, DODD, DAY
TRAYWICK, Henry and Amanda Malvina SANDERS m Dec 31 1851 in Marshall Co., MS by N.P. Jarrett. Henry TRAYWICK (also frequently spelled TRAWICK, TRAWIG, TREWEEK, TROYWICH) was b ca 1823 NC. In the 1850 census, Marshall Co., MS he is counted in the household of Daniel McNEIL as a "laborer". Amanda SANDERS b ca 1832 TN, is in her parent's home in 1850 in "Southern District" of Marshall Co., MS. Her parents were Jno. (John) SANDERS b ca 1807 NC, and Mahala _____ b ca 1819 NC. Also listed in this SANDERS household in 1850 were: Mary SANDERS, Benjamine SANDERS, Iva or Ira (male) SANDERS, James DAY and Penina DODD. I haven't been able to locate any additional records for Henry and Amanda until 1870 when they are in Carroll Co., TN. In 1870 they are listed with their children.

Re: TRAYWICK Family

Clara Traywick (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jul 2002 2:34AM GMT
Surnames: Hughes, Traywick, Dobbins.
I had a Traywig in my notes for years not knowing who he was. Later found that he was Willie Traywick came from Wake co. NC down to Cherokee co., Alabama, married Mary Polly Deberry and had children. My husband is descendend from one of their sons. Andrew Jackson Traywick Sr. Who married Elizabeth Hughes b. 1832 and full blood Cherokee Indian, so the story goes. His son Andrew Jackson Jr. md. Mary Pamelia Lockridge, and their son Fred James Traywick Was b. in Cherokee co., Al. and later moved to Oxford , Al. then Anadarko, Okla., and back to Oxford, Al. Youngest son is Douglas E. Traywick of Anadarko,Okla. Would like any information on Elizabeth Hughes and her Indian connection. If not Cherokee what tribe. Thank you.

Posted: 15 Jul 2012 9:21AM GMT
Hi was just given info by other person. your Amanda is my g grandmother Barbaras half sister...They listed your HL and Amanda as Sanders in 1860 Marshall Co Census..They were married 1851 MS Children listed are Leroy 8 b abt 1852,Mallborough 6 abt 1854,Osper 4, Tate 2. All born Holly Springs.

Posted: 15 Jul 2012 2:49PM GMT
Thank you, I will check our records and update with these facts.

Posted: 15 Jul 2012 3:02PM GMT
Actually, just re-read your post and I have seen this information except that I have very little information on Amanda and the Sanders family. I think that HL (Henry) Traywick and Amanda Sanders met because he served with her uncle during the Mexican/American war. When they were released/after being injured Henry traveled back to MS with the uncle and met Amanda. Pardon my memory but it has been several years since I looked at these records and I don't have the recall that I once had :(. Long story-short do you have more information on the Sanders family?

Traywick - Sanders families.

Posted: 16 Jul 2012 3:20AM GMT
Surnames: Brown, Traywick, Sanders, Rogers, Rodgers, Whiteside,
I just read the above post, and then checked the string of posts to this. I have an Arthur Brown who lived in Carroll Co., TN and died there in 1849. He had 6 children, 5 who had children. A daughter Nancy Brown married a Parker Sanders about 1826 in Carroll Co., TN.They both died about 1869 I believe in Tippah, MS. They had a number of children, and moved to Tippah Co., MS about 1842-3, next to Marshall Co., MS. Children are: John P Sanders b.1824, Mildred b. 1827, Arthur b. 1830, Susan b. 1832, Robert b. 1833, John b. 1835, Isaac b. 1838, William Henry "Skip" b. 28 Aug 1841, Absolom b. 1844. All the other Brown children of Arthur Sr. stayed in the Carroll Co., TN area. When I saw the connection in an earlier post to Carroll County, my radar went up. I'm wondering if there is a connection. Arthur Brown was b. in Pitt Co., NC in 1761, was a Rev War Soldier, moved to Caldwell Co., KY mid 18teens, and down to Carroll Co., TN about 1823. I have been researching this family for 30 years, and I am pursueing the Brown, Ro(d)gers, Sanders, and Whiteside families, who seem to have followed a similar trail west. NC>KY>TN.(These are the families his daughters married into.)
I'm wondering if any of Arthur Brown Sr.'s children are this Amanda Sanders that married a Traywick. We do not know Arthur Brown's wife's name, but there is a letter somewhere referring to her as "Mandy", possibly a nick name for Amanda.
I'd like to correspond with anyone researching any Sander's connections!
Thanks!
Teri Carter Ellis

Posted: 17 Jul 2012 1:15PM GMT
This is what i have just found(my connection is Barbara Ann Sanders she has also been listed as Barbara L. she is my g grandmother she married Walter Benjamine Powell abt 1879 marshall Co,Ms)According to a verry nice person who looked up info for me John Sanders B abt 1807 NC and had brother named Jesse b Abt 1803(Unsure if more sibblings and do not know their parents) They migratted to Carroll Co Tn . His first wife Unk??? m. abt 1829..their children were 1. Mary Jane Sanders b abt 1831 Tn m. Jesse
lovings their child Patsy Ann Lovings m. Cecil Bumgardner
2. Amanda Malvania Sanders b abt 1834 she married H.L. Traywick(listed by nistake in some papers as Sanders) b abt 1827 N.C. Their children were Leroy b abt Dec 1.1852 MS D August 10.1939 b Hartsoe Cemetery Green,Ar M Susan Powell January 1874 Benton Tn, Maberry Traywick b 1855 Tn.
Osper Traywick b Oct 1856 Carrol Co Tn D 1942 burried Bethelhem Cenetery Carrol TN m Amanda Crutchfield 1879 M Ader Evans 1902. Tate Traywick b 1853 Tn. Isabel Traywick b.1861 TN m MJM Pervis Dec 30,1883 Carroll TN. Genova Traywick b 1863. Emily Traywick 1968 William Traywick 1872. Thomas traywick 1875 Carroll Co TNm Mary A 1903 Benton TN
John Sanders secound wife was Mahala ????? their children are Nenjamine Sanders b 1846 1846 m mattie unk their child Enoch ( he was 30 she was 13 or14 when married) Ira Sanders b ?? married Modella abt 1878 they had 10 children.Drucilla Sander B Holly Springs,Ns Sarah 1853 Barbara Ann Sander b 1855 m Walter Benjamine Powell 1879 Ms their children were Thomas, John, Claud Dean, Willian Humphrey(this is my granfathert b 1887,James Daniel,James Allen,Effie Sanders Hardage,Mattie.They all ended up in St Francid Co Ar or Hot Springs except for Thomas,Mattie,John(Can'r find futher records....Don't know if Sansers Came with them

Posted: 18 Mar 2013 4:30PM GMT
Would you please contact me at rphillips32@tx.rr.com. I am trying to find the common ancestor between Walker Phillips who was born in NC in 1827 and my Phillips line who originated in VA. Walker married Perlina Traywick who was b. in NC also and was dau of Robet Traywick. Walker & Perlina were living close to Robert & family in Smith Co., TN in 1850 census. A descendant of Walker and I are DNA Matches. I have another Phillips, Dacvid, who lived in Wayne Co, TN in 1850 Census and who was born in NC in 1790's and I have been unable to locate where in NC. It is possible that Walker is a GS of whoever was David's father. I think I read in a post of yours or someones that Robert Traywick in Smith Co came from Anson Co., NC. Is that correct?
Rex Phillips
per page

Find a board about a specific topic