Edited: 23 Jan 2005 2:50AM GMT
Surnames: Murray
Can anyone tell me when the Murray Family Reunion is at
Crossroads Church in Alamance County.

Rosalyn Sumner
Posted: 25 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Jan 2005 10:16PM GMT
I would be interested in when and if there will be one.
I only have one Murray Amanda that married as second wife
John Elkins Pettigrew, they are buried in private cemetery in the Rice Old Home place.

Murray Reunion

Posted: 29 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Thanks for you response. A Murray reunion is not planned for this year. However, some of us that do Murray research
have discussed a get together of our Own. Plans are in the
beginning stages. We have not set a date or place. We will
be glad to include you in any plans we come up with.
Rosalyn Sumner

murray family reunion

Posted: 13 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 9 Dec 2001 5:23AM GMT
Surnames: murray whisenhunt
i to would be intrested in knowing when and where the murray family reunion is planned as i am also a murray decendant an am serching the name my great grandmother was margaret e. murray married to george anderson whisenhunt. my s-mail is amhollis@prodigy.net thanks annie hollis

Murray Reunion

Posted: 14 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
We did have that reunion in August, 1999, and had over
twenty people to attend. It was enjoyed by all and at the time said we'd like to have another. We shared our Murray research, stories about our Murrays, and talked about our connection to ROOTS author, Alex Haley. We had people as far away as NY, SC and GA there. It was at Mary Ellis' home and she has expressed a desire to meet again. Is anyone else interested????

Rosalyn Sumner

Re: Murray Reunion

Posted: 26 Dec 2012 9:20AM GMT
Rosalyn Sumner: My name is Clennon Wayne Murray. My father's name is Clennon Murray now deceased. He had eight children. We all live in California. From oldest to youngest; myself Clennon "Wayne" Murray (name after my father and the actor John Wayne), Thomas (Tommy) Otis Murray (named after my father's father and my mother's father), David Leroy Murray now deceased, Brenda Joyce Murray, Deborah (Debbie) Lynn Murray-Tavasti, Renae Carla Ann Smith-Murray, Linda Jean Murray and Mary Louise Murray. My mom's name is Argusta (Ann or Gussie Mae) Mae Parker-Murray. They all live either in San Diego or Los Angeles except for Tommy and myself. We both live in Chico. Some of us have children. As I understand it, Otis Murray is my Grandfather (my father's father), George Murray is my Great Grandfather, Louis Lea-Murray is my Great Great Grandfather and Chicken George Lea is my Great Great Great Grandfather. I am very interested in having a Murray Reunion. I also have a lot information on the California Murray's, and have established a website. I just learned that William (Bill) Haley passed last week (Alex Haley's son). He and I got to know one another over the phone this past year, and had many discussions about having another long awaited and overdue reunion. Please contact me at my email. It is cwmramtrm@aol.com. I know other Murray relatives that are also interested in having a reunion from California, Texas, Florida and Tennessee. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Sincerely, Wayne

Posted: 26 Dec 2012 4:22PM GMT
I am happy to hear from you and to hear about your family. The reunions with Alex Haley and the Alamance County Murrays ended with Mr. Haley's death. We had reunions of Murray Researchers at Crossroads Presbyterian Church in Alamance County and I was blessed to be able to attend these meetings. It was really neat to meet people you had only known on email. These meeting were planned and carried out by 3 people in NC. One of these people died last year and the others have gotten older, like me. As far as I know, no other reunions are planned. If I should hear of one I will let you know. I am leaving on a trip tomorrow. When I return, I will be happy to discuss our families with you. Thank you for writing.

Posted: 29 Dec 2012 2:02PM GMT
Okay, sounds good. Look forward to hearing from you after your return from your trip. I have plenty to share with you.

Murray Family

Posted: 1 Jan 2013 4:13AM GMT

Posted: 7 Jan 2013 1:16AM GMT
Which Murrays in Alamance are you descended from? My line is from John; Joseph, Sr., Joseph,Jr.(Preacher Joe) James Henry, Maggie (Johnnie Magnolia)m. Thomas Jordan, Sallie E. Jordan m. Henry Earl Daniels.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic