Search for content in message boards

Cadys of Mass and Conn

Cadys of Mass and Conn

Becki (View posts)
Posted: 28 Aug 2000 11:08AM GMT
I am searching for ancestors of John Addison Cady b. 1845 d. 1877 who married a Louise Sherman and had a son Harrison Howard Cady b. 1873 in Boston. Harrison Howard raised his family in Woodstock, CT. Any takers?

John Addison Cady

Kathy Geary (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2001 12:12PM GMT
Eighth child of Elihaj Cady and Martha Adams Turner (6th generation descendant of Nicholas Cady) listed in book Descendants of Nicholas Cady of Watertown Mass by Orrin Peer Allen.

Cadys

Becki Downing (View posts)
Posted: 3 Feb 2001 11:01AM GMT
Kathy-
Thank you for the information. Do you know how I can find the book you mentioned?

Cady

Kathy (View posts)
Posted: 3 Feb 2001 1:41PM GMT
Descendants of Nicholas Cady By Orrin P Allen, bookfinder.com shows available at barnes noble or Higginson. If there is anything i can copy for you my email is
k.geary@att.net
Posted: 12 Feb 2005 1:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Kathy,
Would there be any Patrick Keady/Cady's in the book Descendants of Nicholas Cady of Watertown Ma? I am searching for Patrick Keady/Cady who married Ellen (Helen) Geoghan in Ireland and they came to Boston/Winchester area with two children: Sarah b. 1865 in Ireland who married William Halloran/Halloren and Patrick b. 1866 who married Bridget E.
Thankyou,
Kerry

Re: Cady

Kathy (View posts)
Posted: 17 Feb 2005 11:46AM GMT
Sorry that surname is not listed at all

Re: Cady surname in America

Posted: 19 Dec 2013 2:33AM GMT
Surnames: CADY
The name arrived in three periods
1. 1630-1700 Nicholas Cady arrived early and his descendents all track to New England before 1776/ 90% of Cady;s from New England are related to Nicholis.
2, 1715-1754 Person;s being persecuted by the Church of England. Mostly Scottish Presbyterians
who Cromwell had moved to Ireland. They later called themselves Scotch-Irish to seperate themselves from 3. There were over 100,000 but onlu about 150 Cady;s mostly in the south.
3/ Irish Catholics the second largest group to come to America, over 2 million with several hundred with the surname all after 1840 (Largest: German) couple hundred surname Cady.

Althooough pronounced and spelled the same. The origin of the name is different

Re: Cadys of Mass and Conn

Posted: 3 Jan 2014 1:14AM GMT
Hi, If you are still looking, I am his great, great gran-daughter.
Ellen
ewest@gator.net

Answers to John Addison Cady

Posted: 7 Jan 2014 10:33PM GMT
Surnames: Cady, Sherman, Bent
Sorry, you asked a question and got a lot of answers, but not what you were looking for. I'll answer as much as I can, but will likely leave you looking for new answers,

John Addison Cady b. 1845 d. 1877
Married Louise Sherman b 1847 d 1892 M abt 1870 Daughter of David L Sherman and Olivia Marie Griggs (Remarried 1878)
Child Harrison "Harry" Howard Cady b. 25 May 1873 in Charlestown.MA d 1927 Putnam CT
Married Margaret Ellis Jackson b 1877 d 1953

John was the son of Elijah Cady & Martha Adams Turner listed in Descendants of Nicholas Cady of Watertown MA by Orrin Peer Allen. Can be found on Google or in re-print with Higginson Press. A more recent book is Cady Genealogy by James W Cady 1991 which I found with a site like Bookfinder.com. Also Ted Pack has put many families on his web site, do a search. Lastly. see http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/13444869/family?cfpid=3147014...
Herindeen Family Tree (Pay Site)

Census of 1850 Hampton, Windham, CT shows Elijah and Martha with John A Cady age 5 (Abt 1845)
Census of 1860 Hampton, Windham, CT shows Elijah and Martha with John A Cady age 15 (Abt 1845)
CENSUS OF 1870 Hampton, Windham, CT shows Elijah and Martha NO JOHN
CENSUS OF 1870 Medford, Middlesex, Mass or Charleston, MA for John
A death Notice shows he died on 21 Sep 1875 in Boston, He was born in Hampton, CT. abt 1845 of Elijah and Martha
Louise Remarried 14 Feb 1878 Herny Bent (1844 Me) He appeared on 1850 Census as a Pauper in Monroe, Waldo, Maine
CENSUS OF 1880 Hampton, Windham, CT shows Elijah and Martha NO OTHERS
CENSUS OF 1880 Medford, Middlesex, Mass Shows Louise Bent remarried to Henry A Bent (45)
A Death Notice shows Martha Adams Cady died 9 Mar 1884 in Hampton, CT
A Death Notice shows Elijah died 29 Dec 1888 in Hampton, CT Also, Austin A Cady age 20 Emma Cady age 23, Horace Cady age 25
Census of 1900 Willimantic, Windham, CT Harry, Margaret and Harry Jr He shows up on all later Census'

Suggestion: The Male line is often easier to follow. But, for you the Female line might be more important in the future, MtDNA or Mitochondrial DNA. Every mother passes this on to her Children. Brian Sykes wrote the Seven Daughters of Eve about European Eve's, Knowing which "Clan" you are tied to and when they arrived in America, can be interesting.
Obviously, Harry had some difficulty in life losing his parents and having a step-father who was himself a foster child, I'd bet his wife was critical to their children's success.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions