Search for content in message boards

Lowther Family Monroe County, Ohio

Lowther Family Monroe County, Ohio

Lowther, Terry (View posts)
Posted: 20 Sep 2001 3:07AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lowther, Covey
My GGGfather was Elias Lowther Born:03/12/1843 Death:07/19/1905. Believe he was married to Louisa Ellen Winland Born:04/24/1847 Death:08/16/1913. Traced family tree to this point unable find anything beyond Elias Lowther.Any information or help will more than welcome. Family Cest is Shield with three O's followed under that by two O's, followed under that by one O.
O O O
O O
O

Re: Lowther Family Monroe County, Ohio

TEASING (View posts)
Posted: 22 Oct 2001 3:49PM GMT
Hi
You have 2 choices: Ohio co WV/Va or Ohio state.
Our Joel Lowther was born in Va and moved to Ohio. His son Robert born in Va had children born in Ar and Mo. Robert died in St Louis Mo est 1856. We Lowthers have been to see Lowther Castle ruins. Also there is a reunion in June in WV.
There is a ream of information and photos and books (hard to get) The Lowther clan is very helpful and friendly. There also a UK tour 2002. My line is Joel's son Robert. He married several times. His son Jonathan married an Ahlfort girl from Sweden est 1875 in Mo. We live in TX. Lowthers are all over the world. Hope this is a help. 10-22-2001
TEASING
o o o
o o
o

Re: Lowther Family Monroe County, Ohio

Posted: 27 Apr 2003 3:39AM GMT
Surnames: Lowther, Whitlatch, Whitlach
I tried emailing you but your address hasn't been updated. I wonder if we have a connection.

My g-g-grandmother was Sarah E. Lowther, born June 1845 in WV (actually, it would have been just Virginia when she was born, but she reports it as WV in later censuses.) She married Dawson Whitlatch, probably in Ohio, in 1866 and they raised a family in Monroe County, OH.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic