Search for content in message boards

WILLIAM H. SECOR JR. - CHOCTAW

WILLIAM H. SECOR JR. - CHOCTAW

Posted: 9 May 2001 5:19PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2001 10:40PM GMT
From "LEADERS AND LEADING MEN OF THE INDIAN TERRITORY" which was published 1891:

Page 72
WILLIAM H. SECOR, JR.
The subject of this sketch was born in Fannin County, texas in 1865, and came with his parents to Boggy Depot, Choctaw Nation, in the same year. His education was received at Atoka under the professorship of O. C. Hall, and later at McAlester, in Proffessor Ross' school. William was naturally devoted to stock and entered employment of different stockmen at various periods. By his own energy and industry he has now acquired a nice herd of his own and devotes his attention to their accumulation. In 1889 he married Miss Annie Brown, a Cherokee, bywhom he had one child, Refuna May, born June 1890. His father, William H. Secor Sr. is a farmer and in good circumstance.

Re: WILLIAM H. SECOR JR. - CHOCTAW

Posted: 26 Jun 2001 12:41PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jan 2002 12:46PM GMT
Do U have any more info re father? I had assumed that this Wm was a full blooded Choctaw??????

Posted: 26 Jun 2001 10:45PM GMT
Surnames: Secor
Sorry, that is all that is mentioned in the book. However, Wm. Secor was Choctaw ( so noted beneath his name). I looked to see if I could locate more on the father, but found nothing. I checked in a couple of other source materials that I have on the Choctaw, and did not find any entries. Wish I could have been more help. Bonnie

Posted: 10 Jun 2007 4:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Secor
William H. Secor Jr's father, William Henry Secor, Sr. was married to Selen (spelling could be "Cillen", "Selin", etc.)30 March 1861 in Paris, Lamar County, Texas. I have the original marriage license. I do not know who Wm Sr's parents are. Their other 2 children are George (my paternal great grandfather) and Refina, their sister. Refina raised my grandmother, Angeline K.(Angie) Secor, after she was orphaned in 1893.Her parents, George and Mary Neal Secor were married 22 July 1885 in McAlester, Indian Territory, and are buried in unmarked graves in the Wesley (does not exist anymore),Oklahoma cemetary.

Posted: 14 Jun 2007 6:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
All of you check me out.....add.....subtract....shoot down
and let me know at secordon@cox.net
I could not attach my file to this msg.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic