Search for content in message boards

GARRETT, Henry John b. 1870 Dublin, Ireland

GARRETT, Henry John b. 1870 Dublin, Ireland

Posted: 28 Apr 2009 3:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Garrett, Kemmish/Kennish
Parents were John Garrett (b. 1847 England) and Elizabeth Kemmish/Kennish. Henry is shown in the 1911 Irish Census living on Tyconnell Road, New Kilmainham, Dublin with his wife Elizabeth. Seeking more information about Henry and Elizabeth and Henry's siblings -- John Garrett b. 1856, Eliza(beth?) b. 1857, Ellenor b. 1862. All born Inchicore, Dublin. Also seek information about Henry's wife's maiden name and family. Will share information on this Garrett family.

Re: GARRETT, Henry John b. 1870 Dublin, Ireland

Posted: 22 Jul 2012 11:46AM GMT
Surnames: Garrett, Llewelyn
A little late in responding to this query I know!! But I am a descendant of George Garrett step-brother of Henry John. Sam, Anne and Martha of Cobh are also definite relations and the surname Llewelyn was often mentioned in family folklore. A few too many co-incidences don't you think? Would love to swap information on these families. You can e-mail me on Failte321@gmail.com.

Re: GARRETT, Henry John b. 1870 Dublin, Ireland

Posted: 12 Feb 2013 9:29PM GMT
My name is Anne Murray and my mother Rosanna (nee Garrett) is a direct descendant of Henry John Garrett. Rosanna was born to Michael Garrett, son of Henry John Garrett.

I too am doing some research on family history. John Garrett father of Henry John married another Elizabeth (nee Kennish) after his first wife died. She was a widow who had previously been married to a James Joughin and had 3 children (at least) by him. James Joughin died in 1966 and Elizabeth married John Garrett. The Kennish family came from the Isle of Man.

If you have any information relating to Henry John Garrett or his ancestors I would really appreciate it.

If you have any questions that I might be able to answer, please let me know.

You can reply to me via this post or my email address:
murrayanne@hotmail.com

Thanks so much.

Anne
per page

Find a board about a specific topic