Search for content in message boards

Manistee County Newspapers access

Manistee County Newspapers access

Posted: 12 Dec 2012 2:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: St Pierre, Chamberland, Godfrey
Can anyone tell me where I can get access to the Manistee County Newspapers for a time period between 1840-1960's ? I live in MI, so I am able to travel. I would prefer to do the research myself as I have numerous articles to search and some dates I am unsure of. I have been to the historical museum twice. The first time over 10 years ago. I visited this past summer and many of the indexed articles they had on file previously were missing.
Thanks!

Re: Manistee County Newspapers access

Posted: 12 Dec 2012 6:34PM GMT
The library in Manistee has the same old newspapers as the museum, but on microfilm.. I don't think they go back as far as the 1840's, though.. As far as more current newspapers, I'm not sure what they have...
When you were here before and couldn't locate indexed articles, the year(s) you were looking for may have been out for a project by the museum guys, or maybe some user didn't put them back in the right place -- I find that a lot.. And if they were really old, maybe they had disintegrated...
--- Carol

Re: Manistee County Newspapers access

Posted: 14 Dec 2012 1:46PM GMT
Thanks so much, Carol! The guy running the museum was so busy the day I came, I opted not to bother him. He didn't seem to want to let me look through anything by myself, either. I can't believe the historical library in Lansing doesn't have them. I will check out the Manistee library :-)I wasn't sure how much they had.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions