Search for content in message boards

The Mork-family in Madison/Maple Bluff

The Mork-family in Madison/Maple Bluff

Marius Hellerud (View posts)
Posted: 15 Mar 2002 9:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mork (Mørch), Edvardsen
Hi!

My name is Marius Hellerud, I’m from Norway but live in Gothenburg, Sweden. I’m searching for information about my great-grandfather’s cousin and his family.

Crist Mork (Christian Mørch) (b. May 8th 1883 in Lerfaldsgade 5, Paulus parish, Oslo, Norway, died after 1944). Son of Marthin Christensen Mørch (1850-1927) and Johanne Marie Thoresen (1856-1925).

Married about 1907, probably in Norway, to Hilda Edvardsen (b. August 27th 1883, d. April 1969 in Wisconsin, U.S.A.). Hilda was from Røyken in Buskerud, Norway.

Christian emigrated from Oslo to Wisconsin with “Kong Bjørn” in May 1904. He was then working as a gas worker. The ticket was prepaid. In September 1907 Christian and his wife Hilda, he with address in America and she in Røyken, emigrates from Oslo to Wisconsin. Also this time the tickets were prepaid. Christian was no working on the railroad.
Hilda is in the Social Security Death Index entered with two places of residence, Madison and Maple Bluff, both in Dane County, Wisconsin.

The couple had three children: 1. Otto Mork (I’ve pictures from when he was in the army 1944 and another from 1945. Maybe he Otto Mork (f. December 4th 1910, d. January 23rd 1988 who is entered with the addresses Madison and Maple Bluff, Dane, Wisconsin in the SSDI?). 2. Thora Mork. She was married and had in the late 1940's three daughters. I've pictures of them. 3. Eddie Mork. The youngest son. I've a picture from when he studied.

I would appreciate very much any help to find my Mork-relatives!

Re: The Mork-family in Madison/Maple Bluff

Posted: 26 Mar 2002 11:28PM GMT
This may be one of your relatives

Roger Mork (Taxidermy), 608-249-9351

Lorin Mackey (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jul 2002 5:12AM GMT
Surnames: MORK, THORESEN, MACKEY
Hello Marius;
My Grandmothers maiden name was ANNA MORK. She married Fred THORESEN either on the ship bringing them to the USA or shortly after in Minnesota. ca.1895
They had 8 children
Alida
Anna
Arthur
Beatrice
Charles
Emma
Esther
Fritiof
Alida and Fritiof died in infancy, the rest emmigrated to Canada ca.1905.
That's all the information I have as I'm just starting my maternal research.
Hope it helps you somewhat,
Lorin

Posted: 3 Apr 2004 10:45PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jan 2005 3:40PM GMT
Our last name has been variously spelled Hellerud, Hillerude, Hellrud. I don't know if we are related or not, as my husband'sancestors came from (I hope the spelling is correct as I do not speak or read Norwegian) Laivrence or Guberdahlen/Bali and settled in Coon Valley, LaCrosse County, Wisconsin in the early 1880's. The Hellerud name is not common in this area, so I try to make contact with anyone who has that last name.

My husband's great grandfather was Andreas Hellerud (Netta aka Hertha Olson). Andreas' father was Iver Anderson (Anne Marie Christofferson).
Netta Olson had her fare advanced to her by a Mattias Sistad. She worked as a housekeeper for a family by the name of G(J)ergunson.

Posted: 8 Feb 2010 9:46PM GMT
Surnames: Hellrud
My name is Glenn Hellrud from Alberta, Canada. I'm not sure if I'm related to you or not.

Posted: 10 Feb 2010 2:46PM GMT
Did your family in the 1880's settle in the LaCrosse, Wisconsin area? If so, we are probably related.

Posted: 25 Feb 2010 8:16AM GMT
I'm not sure if they did or not, all I know is that my Grandfather Melvin Hellrud came from Saskatchewan, Canada.

Posted: 4 Mar 2010 12:27AM GMT
Otto E Mork died Jan 1988
James Edward Mork died May 1985
Thora Weger died May 1983
Hilda G (Mrs. Kristian) died May 1969
I can get obituaries of all four.
Chris A Mork, son of James, grandson of Chris and Hilda Mork
age 51, died 03 Nov 2006. He was survived by son James, brothers John and Tom.

virgil vmatz@tds.net

Posted: 5 Feb 2013 3:32AM GMT
Not related to glenn at all.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions