Search for content in message boards

Estate of W.F. Bryant Cherokee County, NC

Estate of W.F. Bryant Cherokee County, NC

John Longworth White (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jun 2004 1:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: White, Ross, Mashburn, Graham, Bryant, Sutton

Estate of W.F. Bryant Cherokee County NC

I recently ordered some Estate files from the North Carolina Archives.

One of the files was for the Estate of "W.F. Briant [Bryant] who died the 15th day of November 1890".
The final accounting of the Administrator in 1894.

The administrator of the Estate was Gay Briant (Bryant) his son.

His wife was Nancy Briant (Briant).

The last name is spelled both ways in the papers.

Other names mentioned as heirs:
J. W. Bryant
A. J. Bryant
WP Burong & wife Biddie Burong
Lydia Burong
E. W. Bryant
W.F. Bryant
Mary Bryant
Sarah Bryant
M.A. Bryant

If anyone is interested a copy of this record. Please let me know.

John Longworth White

Re: Estate of W.F. Bryant Cherokee County, NC

Brett Burong (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jul 2004 3:09PM GMT
Hello John,
I am interested in obtaining a copy of this record as I am a Burong currently researching my family tree,
Brett Burong.

Posted: 19 Jul 2004 6:50PM GMT
Edited: 6 Nov 2012 5:49AM GMT
Surnames: Bryant
Dear John,
Do you know the names of W.F. Bryant's siblings? I have a Thomas N. Bryan(t) from the same location. His dates were 1817- 1862 death in Grimes Co. TX. I have had no luck in finding his family.
Marge

Posted: 19 Feb 2012 5:56AM GMT
Surnames: Bryant
Dear John,

Just stumbled across this post... nearly 8 years later. I would very much like to have a copy of this record, as W.F. was my Great-Great-Great-Grandfather. Searched for things about relatives from this time for years, not sure why I'm just now finding this.

Thank You,
Brad Bryant

Posted: 28 Feb 2012 12:26AM GMT
Surnames: briant, williams, mashburn,
HELLO MR. WHITE...my name is william horton..i am a descendant of ROSANNAH BRIANT, m. to SAMUEL WILLIAMS of FANNIN CO. GA., she was my g-g-granma on my paternal side..b.@1827..s.c. ?...d. < 1860 ...?..she is not in h.h in 1860 census...SAMUEL is remarried in 1870...to DELILAH LANCE...( MASHBURN FAMILY )...i also have CAROLINE WHITE in my family line, but do not know what relation she would be...i would like to have a copy of this will to peruse, an see if any of my kinfolk show up in it anywhere...would appreciate the effort on your part, and would be glad to reciprocate with any materials you think i might have that you could use... thank you..LORD BLESS...bill

Posted: 3 Mar 2012 11:44PM GMT
Surnames: Bryant, Berrong
Yes, I am interested in this record if you are still out there! Willis Pinkney Berrong (married to Lydia Bryant, daughter of WF Bryant) was my great grandfather. Please let me know if you still have the record.

Christine Berrong

Posted: 21 Oct 2012 2:53PM GMT
Surnames: Berrong
Dear Christine,

I just got on Ancestry.com today - a few minutes ago. I specifically joined because I am gooing to write a 50,000 word book through www.nanowrimo.org during the month of November.

Sometime in the early 1970s, I was hiking the Appalachian Trail and met an older gentleman who was squirrel hunting. Long story short, he told me there had been a Pink Berrong who lived in Tate City, GA and that he had disappeared somewhere in the mountains.

I have carried that story deeply etched into my mind for a good portion of my lifetime. I have thought many times that I should research and write about Pink Berrong. I have a friend in Dahlonega, GA, Jimmy Berrong who told me he had an uncle in Clayton, GA who knew or knew about Pink. I never followed up and I feel sure the uncle is probably gone now.

Anyway, I would be most appreciative for anything you might care to share or any research directions you might point me in. I am 65 and retired now, so I want to get down to the business of writing about Pink.

BTW, my maternal grand-mother's maiden name was Bryant - from the are of south Georgia, north Florida.

Blessings!
Kevin
706-974-6893
Sautee Nacoochee, GA

Posted: 31 Oct 2012 12:04PM GMT
My free trial is about to expire. I have not found much of use in the history of Pink Berrong from Tate City, GA.

Please contact me at KevinOConnell@windstream.net or call 706-974-6893 if you have info on this man.

Blessings!
Kevin O'Connell
Sautee Nacoochee, GA

Posted: 5 Nov 2012 2:15AM GMT
Classification: Will
Edited: 6 Nov 2012 5:50AM GMT
Surnames: briant, williams
hello john...i rec'd your post re W.F. BRYANT ESTATE...thank you very much for including me on the list..my g-g-granmother was ROSANNAH BRIANT... she m. SAMUEL WILLIAMS and they lived in FANNIN CO., GA. until @1860...she doesn't show on the census in 1860 and SAMUEL is married to another in 1870...i have had no luck in finding her either dead or alive after that...i have a few clues that she came from BUNCOMBE CO. N.C., but no solid proof...one of her dau.'s enrolled on GUION MILLER ROLLS as cherokee indian...was rejected..several others also did the same...i believe they were truly indians.. just did't have any written proof, and diddn't sign up for any gov't rolls due to fear of gov't...if you fund any thing in his papers that would help me to establish who ROSANNAH WAS, I WOULD THEN BE VERY INTERESTED IN A COPY...IF I COULD THEN AFFORD IT, AS I'M SURE YOU NEED TO COVER YOUR COSTS..thanx..LORD BLESS..bill
per page

Find a board about a specific topic