Search for content in message boards

Joseph H. Reitz son of Jacob F. Reitz and Maria M Hepler, Reitz

Joseph H. Reitz son of Jacob F. Reitz and Maria M Hepler, Reitz

Posted: 4 Nov 2012 12:56AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Nov 2012 1:07AM GMT
Needed: A birth record that ties Joseph H. Reitz son of Jacob F. Reitz and Maria M. Reitz, nee Hepler together as father, mother and son. Thanks for your help, Viv Ney nee Reitz a proud descendent of one of Northumberland Counties Pioneer Families and of a Revolutionary War Veteran, Andreas "War" Reitz.

Re: Joseph H. Reitz son of Jacob F. Reitz and Maria M Hepler, Reitz

Posted: 3 Dec 2012 4:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Reitz, Ritz, Hepler, Wagner, Brosious
Hello Viv;
Since I dont know the time period or location you are looking at for Joseph Reitz I can give you some ideas.

You might want to go look for church records that list his baptism date. Its possible that they listed his parents with him.

You might have to look for records in probate for his parents. That might show lineage. A death certificate will also names of known parents. Or Death notice in newspaper articles might list parents.

I looked in the NSDAR Patriot Index and did locate a Andreas Reitz/Ritz

RITZ, ANDREW/ANDREAS

Service: PENNSYLVANIA Rank: PRIVATE
Birth: 1-1-1755 PENNSYLVANIA
Death: 3-16-1837 NORTHUMBERLAND CO PENNSYLVANIA

Service Source: PA ARCHIVES SER.5 VOL-8 P.662,669
Service Description:
1) CAPT BENJAMIN WEISER NORTHUMBERLAND CO,
2) MILITIA.

Spouse: 1) MARIE MARGARET BROSIOUS
Children: JACOB [1] ANNA MARIA HEPLER
PHILIP [1] ANNA WAGNER

It is possible to obtain a copy of a DAR application under RITZ, ANDREW. Use this URL for more information

http://members.dar.org/apps/record_copy.cfm

Application papers of active, deceased, resigned, or dropped DAR members may be ordered for a fee of $10.00 per paper for electronic orders or $15.00 per paper for copies ordered by mail or by fax. Make sure you specify which child you view.

If there is anything else I can do please let me know.

Warmly
Sara Greer
This has been as a free look up service provided by a DAR volunteer.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions